• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

2nd Muster & Mess, Southern style Letterheads meet

Sam I Am

A traditional but "Southern Style" Letterheads meet is in the works. March 22nd - 24h, 2013 in Birmingham, Alabama. This will be a craft showcase of hand painting, hand carving, gold leaf and everything that makes a sign a work of art. A thousand years of collective knowledge being shared under one roof.

Mark Fair will be doing aging and vintage look signs..
Mike Meyer will be showing us all how he does his pictorials and maybe some gold leaf...There'll be hand carving galore, plenty of brushes swirling, paint flyin' and as much knowledge as you'd care to absorb.

If you've never had the opportunity to attend one of the old Letterhead meets, its something you'll always remember. Guaranteed to rekindle the fire of "what we do" as well as learning new and innovative methods. There is no cost to attend this event, with exception of your fuel, trip and hotel costs of course. Lite breakfast & Lunch provided, as well as soft drinks / tea / water.

Holiday Inn - Airport is the host Hotel. Good amenities, super Staff..at least the ones I've dealt with.

Their address is 5000 Richard Arrington Blvd. N., Birmingham, AL 35212. Direct line is 205-591-6900 or you can book through ichotels.com or the 800-HOLIDAY.
I've reserved 15 singles / 15 doubles and they ( rooms ) can be amended up til 03/08/2013, then they'll release the left over rooms. Make sure your reservations are under "SKIDMORE SIGNS" for the Letterheads rate.

RSVP by March 15th to 205-251-6049 or skidmoresigns@gmail.com