• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Advice needed on Graphtec CE6000-120

RG

It's about time to replace the old FC-7000-75 plotter. I don't run it all the time, so I don't need the top-of-the-line plotter. I'm looking at a CE-6000-120. It is a 48" plotter and my 1204 is a 48" printer. Mostly I would use it for contour cutting. From those of you who have used this plotter, what I would like to know is how accurate is it for contour cutting using the automatic registration mark reading function? And, what would you say is the maximum length that it accurately contour cuts? Thanks for any input here.

Grafix

I used my CE-6000 for print cut jobs but couldn't really trust it on anything too intricate over 1 metre. Even straight cut jobs on coloured vinyl I had to hold my breathe on jobs longer than 2 metres.
I've just replaced it with a Summa D140 and am over the moon with the accuracy of this cutter. Also helps to have the extra width.

RG

I used my CE-6000 for print cut jobs but couldn't really trust it on anything too intricate over 1 metre. Even straight cut jobs on coloured vinyl I had to hold my breathe on jobs longer than 2 metres.
I've just replaced it with a Summa D140 and am over the moon with the accuracy of this cutter. Also helps to have the extra width.

Thanks for your input, Grafix. Looks like a D120 cost only $600 more than a CE-6000-120. That makes a D120 certainly worth looking into.