• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Affordable printing/cutting software for Roland SC-500 printer.

antonitus

I have a Roland SC-500 printer/cutter (I know it's old, but a durable machine) and I am really struggling to get cheap print/cut software for this printer. I'm not prepared to spend a lot or have a huge budget to spend £2K on these software as I am poor :) I wish I didn't get this printer now, but I got it quite cheap and trying to connect it to my computer has been nothing but trouble as it doesn't have drivers and free sign making software I downloaded just does not recognise it as it is not as easy has having a print driver. Anyone know of any cheap software that will work with this printer and who have had experience with it? I managed to get it on the network using an SEH print server. Thanks, any help would be appreciated as I am a novice with these printer and I just want to test it to see if it even works.
Thanks.

Joe House

You should see if you can find Roland Color Choice RIP software that originally came with that printer. Then you can use open source software to create your files - check out inkscape. But remember, you get what you pay for.
If you got a 3rd party RIP like Sign Lab or Flexi, you would have some valuable support in helping to make this run

Good luck.

timgo

Graphics Designer
I have a Roland SC-500 printer/cutter (I know it's old, but a durable machine) and I am really struggling to get cheap print/cut software for this printer. I'm not prepared to spend a lot or have a huge budget to spend £2K on these software as I am poor :) I wish I didn't get this printer now, but I got it quite cheap and trying to connect it to my computer has been nothing but trouble as it doesn't have drivers and free sign making software I downloaded just does not recognise it as it is not as easy has having a print driver. Anyone know of any cheap software that will work with this printer and who have had experience with it? I managed to get it on the network using an SEH print server. Thanks, any help would be appreciated as I am a novice with these printer and I just want to test it to see if it even works.
Thanks.
i've send you a pm.

antonitus

You should see if you can find Roland Color Choice RIP software that originally came with that printer. Then you can use open source software to create your files - check out inkscape. But remember, you get what you pay for.
If you got a 3rd party RIP like Sign Lab or Flexi, you would have some valuable support in helping to make this run

Good luck.

I installed inkscape once, but couldn't understand it as it was in source code, so I left it at that. I have a copy of the original Color Choice software, but it is corrupt and I bought the printer off someone else, so I am hoping someone has a copy to give away. I don't know how else to get it. Flexi is far too expensive. I am considering VinylMaster XPT, which looks really powerful for a fraction of the cost of Flexi. Thanks for your help.