• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any Corel Gurus here?

mfatty500

I'm using x7, and when i try to use any of these tools they sometimes get grayed out. I then have to close CD reopen and it will work for a little while then revert back to this.

Thanks
Mike

Attachments

• COREL PROBLEM.jpg
    COREL PROBLEM.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 226

Warmoth

I know the issue. A workaround I've found is to find a tool whos flyout does actually work. Click and hold on that tool, then glide your mouse to the tool you're trying to activate. It should become selectable.

It was quite annoying. I haven't had the problem with X8. Happened often with X7 for me

ams

I recommend upgrading to X8, it's 10X better. When I went from X4 to X7, it wasn't good, but then X8 came out and it's been great.
but back to your problem, you say CD, are you running directly from the CD and not installed on your computer or something? If so, make sure it's a not corrupt install of all components.

floater302

I'm using x7, and when i try to use any of these tools they sometimes get grayed out. I then have to close CD reopen and it will work for a little while then revert back to this.

Thanks
Mike

Look up jackpine here on this forum, hes a corel pro

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Looking at the screenshot photo it appears that you are running the OEM version of Corel which may be why some of the features/tools are unavailable. Corel has a forum on their website where many have posted about limitations using the OEM version, so I would maybe read through those to see if you can find a workaround or upgrade this to the full retail version.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Summa Inc.

mfatty500

Sorry for the confusion, CD is Corel Draw, and yes it is the OEM version, it seems to work most of the time, just is annoying. The Corel forum is difficult to post a jpg on there, that is why I came here.

equippaint

I have the same issue with x7. Its annoying and it seems as time goes on it gets worse. Its unreaponsive with contours also. Everytime now when i select contour and click on inside or outside it doesnt work just get an empty flyout. I have to keep clicking it and it eventually works. Get the same thing when switching from line to bezier etc. I read its a dual monitor issue and did whatever they said ( dont remember what it was) and it was ok for a bit but its now worse and does it all of the time now. Restart the pc, program etc it and still the same. Maybe Ill try an x8 upgrade but I paid for x7 and expect it to work right without paying for a fix. Anyone else have this issue and whats the fix short of paying more $$. I have a feeling itll be the same with x8?

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
I haven't had the same problems with X7. Although I really dislike some of X7's behavior when saving .CDR files down to earlier versions. For one thing it can do unpredictable things to text objects that need to remain editable. Version X8 isn't as great an upgrade as I was hoping it would be. Version X8 takes quite a bit longer to launch and takes a long time to open CDR files saved in X8 format. But it will open older version files, such as X3, immediately. I think the new font manager from CorelDRAW is a big culprit for all the lag. I've seen more crashes with X8 as well. IMHO, the last really good version of CorelDRAW was version X6.

ams

I have the same issue with x7. Its annoying and it seems as time goes on it gets worse. Its unreaponsive with contours also. Everytime now when i select contour and click on inside or outside it doesnt work just get an empty flyout. I have to keep clicking it and it eventually works. Get the same thing when switching from line to bezier etc. I read its a dual monitor issue and did whatever they said ( dont remember what it was) and it was ok for a bit but its now worse and does it all of the time now. Restart the pc, program etc it and still the same. Maybe Ill try an x8 upgrade but I paid for x7 and expect it to work right without paying for a fix. Anyone else have this issue and whats the fix short of paying more $$. I have a feeling itll be the same with x8?

No it's not the same with X8. I've been using it since it came out. X7 isn't a good version at all, but X8 blows it out of the water.

ams

I haven't had the same problems with X7. Although I really dislike some of X7's behavior when saving .CDR files down to earlier versions. For one thing it can do unpredictable things to text objects that need to remain editable. Version X8 isn't as great an upgrade as I was hoping it would be. Version X8 takes quite a bit longer to launch and takes a long time to open CDR files saved in X8 format. But it will open older version files, such as X3, immediately. I think the new font manager from CorelDRAW is a big culprit for all the lag. I've seen more crashes with X8 as well. IMHO, the last really good version of CorelDRAW was version X6.

Most of the crashes were patched in the latest update. It only takes an average of 4 seconds longer to open. So just leave it open all day, don't close it. I haven't seen any extra delay in opening X8 files at all. If you have a 250mb jpg, shadows, gradients, etc it's going to lag, any software will.

The font manager is a great improvement, however I rarely use it. You can uninstall it if you don't like it.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
In my experiences X7 is awesome when loaded on a good fresh pc (manually loading windows so as to not load all the fluff). We had X4 on an upgraded pc and it crashed all the time. When we got X7, we completely wiped the hd and started from scratch to load all the programs and such. I've yet to see X7 have a hard crash that I didn't cause myself by testing macro codes. Very fast and stable. I have X8 at home without any troubles either. I think it's more important than we realize that it takes a good marriage of components to be trouble free.

mfatty500

As far as the font management, be it Bitstream, (which I un-installed), or Nexus every time I use it ,it changes fonts or deletes them all together, and it does the same thing

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
ams said:
Most of the crashes were patched in the latest update. It only takes an average of 4 seconds longer to open.

I'm running the latest version of X8. That patch has not addressed any of the performance issues I described. There are big differences from one Windows-based PC to the next. However the Dell XPS desktop system I'm using is a pretty common system, and mine is pretty well configured. I still have Corel X6 installed on it alongside X8 and X6 runs much faster.