• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Any recommendations for who to use for cnc routed work?

Rob36

Hi All.
I'm looking into using someone for cnc routed work for the first time - routed lettering / components for producing logos etc out of acrylic and the like. I havent done much of this stuff previously, with most of my work involving cut vinyl and even paint / airbrushing within the oval racing scene, but I do also do local commercial sign work, again largely using cut vinyl, but I think Ill be doing more of this kind of stuff in the future, so thought it was worth picking some more experienced brains!
I used a company to produce a routed shape for a logo about 1000mm x 620mm, and the results were disappointing - it arrived damaged. Are there any tried n trusted (and cost effective) outfits about who do a good deal for one-off smallish scale cnc routed work in the UK? I'm in North Wales.
Thanks in advance!!

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Don't ya think ya might wanna tell people where you're located ?? Crossing that pond could make things cost considerably more than some local-yocal.

Not only that, but much more possibility for failure in shipping.

Rob36

Don't ya think ya might wanna tell people where you're located ?? Crossing that pond could make things cost considerably more than some local-yocal.

Not only that, but much more possibility for failure in shipping.
Hi mate. Thanks for the reply - I did actually mention that Im based in N.Wales, UK at the end of the post - but perhaps I should add it to the thread title, so good shout my man :)

- in fact, having just tried, I dont think I'm actually able to edit the thread title now its been posted! Ah well...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hmmmm.... for some reason matey, I didn't notice that the first time around.

Billct2

If you need flat routing of component pieces (as oppose to finished signs or 3d carving) you may want to check out some of the plastic local supply houses, here many have routing services. You may also find a local cabinet or kitchen fabricator that may be willing to rout wood & HDU for you.

fixtureman

You may want to ask someone at Vectric software they are in the UK and have some people that route or they could let you know of someone that could do it for you