• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Anybody Know What Might Cause This?

TimToad

Hey all,

I'm trying to create a soft drop shadow on this text and keep getting this sharp line through the center of it.

I've tried using both the Drop Shadow effect in Illustrator and just copying, pasting and blurring it manually.

Any ideas of what is happening?

Test Shadow.jpg

oksigns

Hey all,

I'm trying to create a soft drop shadow on this text and keep getting this sharp line through the center of it.

I've tried using both the Drop Shadow effect in Illustrator and just copying, pasting and blurring it manually.

Any ideas of what is happening?

View attachment 127451
I barely see it because of the heavy compression, but it's where the shadow gets cut off hard, right?

Most likely due to the font you are using.

EDIT: try increasing the resolution under Document Raster Effects Settings and set background to "Transparent"

TimToad

I barely see it because of the heavy compression, but it's where the shadow gets cut off hard, right?

Most likely due to the font you are using.

EDIT: try increasing the resolution under Document Raster Effects Settings and set background to "Transparent"

I have them set to high resolution and transparent background as my default. Its weird, even after converting the text to outlines, it still does it.

shoresigns

Illustrator renders on screen differently than it does when you export to a vector or raster file. On-screen rendering can be comparatively glitchy in Illustrator.

I can't see what you're referring to in the image you attached, but most glitches like what you've described only show on screen, not in your print file.