• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Anyone know about HP DesignJet 1050C Plus?

Yes I know it's an old printer and there are many cheap option's out there but I got this for next to nothing and I'd like to get it working.

Right now I have 2 main issues I have to address.

One, is I need to know where I can get a driver for this. I am using an Vista OS cause it's the oldest system I have but I can't for the life of me get this to see the printer.

Second issue is the cyan leaks when printing. I haven't found any videos concerning repair so hopefully someone can walk me thru this as well.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Ducttape n Glue

Yes I know it's an old printer and there are many cheap option's out there but I got this for next to nothing and I'd like to get it working.

Right now I have 2 main issues I have to address.

One, is I need to know where I can get a driver for this. I am using an Vista OS cause it's the oldest system I have but I can't for the life of me get this to see the printer.

Second issue is the cyan leaks when printing. I haven't found any videos concerning repair so hopefully someone can walk me thru this as well.

Thanks for the help in advance!
For drivers go to HP.com then support tab. There are all the drivers that are available. As for the ink leak, if leaking at the printhead it most likely is the inktube needs replacing. Pull the printhead and look where the printhead needle plugs into and if it is leaking there, need an inktube assembly. This is very common for the 1050c. good luck.

fatkatguy

So it took forever to get around to changing the ink tube system but the driver is still an issue.

Anyone have any free time to troubleshoot this for me?

Andy_warp

What are you doing with it? Is it worth buying rip software? Any dedicated print rip software should have that available.
As well as calibration tools so your grays aren't pink.

We had one networked that we would send .plt files from cad directly thought the dos command prompt...ahh the early 2000's!