• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

anyone know what these Chinese characters mean ?

Grasshopper

They are traditional Chinese characters. FYI. if you are looking chinese characters up in dictionary...try by total number of strokes.

The character on the left "jing" is a sun over a hill...can mean bright, view, scenery. On the right..."yang" cane be sun, electric, positive.

Together it could be "sunny view" or "Sunny scenery". It could also just be someones name...both are very popular chinese names.

I think its just a name. Ive never seen them together in any other way.

itzdeb

I didn't look them up but my brother has been studying the mandarin chinese language and mentors friends that are chinese for 6 years now. He has about 9 chinese stations on his tv's. When I leave his presence my world is quite a bit different. Everything with him is chinese it seems from his music, his cat's names and even when he answers the phone! heck he gives me chinese lotions and foods brought right over from China from his friends that travel back and forth....the language and symbols are so beautiful...

it's all about the inflections of the tone of voice that make learning chinese for me so difficult! Good luck and I will try to find out tomorrow what he says and post by tomorrow evening late, perhaps.

advsign22

OK
I work in China now. I showed them to my Chinese interpreters and they said that there was no special meaning. They did ask me who gave me the characters which made me wonder I did not ask them further in case it was something offensive.

Ken

SignosaurusRex

They are traditional Chinese characters. FYI. if you are looking chinese characters up in dictionary...try by total number of strokes.

The character on the left "jing" is a sun over a hill...can mean bright, view, scenery. On the right..."yang" cane be sun, electric, positive.

Together it could be "sunny view" or "Sunny scenery". It could also just be someones name...both are very popular chinese names.

I think its just a name. Ive never seen them together in any other way.

Thanks for taking a look Grasshopper.:thumb: .......by the way, You are missed around here! Hang Loose and Take Care!:beer

SALVATORE

The Character mean ( the name of a City in China that also is well known for the great production of beautiful Vase) I hope this Helps

Dave Drane

I asked my little chines friend on Skype and this is her version...
long long ago,there is a tiger in the mountain that it has eaten more people,so people are very afaid of it,but in one day,there is a warrior wanna kill this tiger,and there is a wine store under the hill,as more people are afaid of this tiger so that the boss of the wine store writes a sign that u have to drink 3 bows of wine that can pass the port that named 景阳冈 so at last,the warrior kills the tiger and he drunk 3 bows of wine before at this port

digitalgraffiti

Kanji originally started as Chinese characters that were adopted by the Japanese because at the time the Japanese had no written form. They are currently used to describe nouns, adjectives and verbs.