• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bed & Breakfast Sign Design Challenge

Pinfinity

Another view

Just like to get some feedback on this sketch...thanx! I am seeing a lot of really nice designs here.

Attachments

• signs101mushrm3.jpg
    signs101mushrm3.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 285

Deaton Design

Really nice work being shown here. Some great ideas and layouts.
Here's what I came up with.

Attachments

• magicmushroom.jpg
    magicmushroom.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 285

John L

You folks are ALL AWESOME! I keep starting a layout and get pulled or sidetracked. Still trying, but really wanted to say WOW! to all of the posters to date. Very well done!

SignManiac

I just want to say that everyone who has contributed so far, have done an outstanding job and who would have guessed there would be so much diversity. Well done!!

For anyone just finding this post for the first time, feel free to include your efforts at anytime. There's no reason why this post can't continue to grow. The more the merrier!!!

Pinfinity

SM, thank you as well! Your doing a great job moderating this post. It's been visually stimulating. A lot of talent out there as well

Pinfinity

Beautiful !

Hi John, I love your layout and coloring on your design. I also like the way you incorporated the pictorial into the design. But, I have seen some of your other work and I can understand why it looks great!

SignManiac

Last one. Needed something fun to do on lunch break..

Attachments

• magicmushroom-5.jpg
    magicmushroom-5.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 284
Last edited:

Pinfinity

SM,you designed that during lunch break? "your killin me"! Looks great! whats the typeface for "Magic Mushroom"? The design is nicely balanced, great colors!.. but during lunch break huh!..... I put on 30 lbs and my hair turned grey making my three entries. I guess I'm slower than death!

SignManiac

Pin, I started learning CorelDraw with version 1. That's a few years of practice since then :) Once you see it in your minds eye, it's pretty easy to throw it down on the computer.

Oops, forgot.. The font is AS Raptor, one of Steves fonts from Signfonts.com

Pinfinity

Got it SM,.. your pic...is that a stock piece of clip art that you might have modified?...or do you sometimes draw it out from scratch? sorry if I'm asking stupid questions.

SignManiac

I'm a glorified clipart butcherer and modifier, mix and match, element coordinator...And sometimes from scratch depending on the client, budget, time constraints, etc. It's just all about putting the pieces together in the right order for the right price.

Joe Diaz

I hope I didn't miss the deadline. I had a hard time finding time to do this.
I thought I might do something that goes with the "magic" part of the name, rather than psychedelic shrooms.

As far as fabricating it. Anything is possible if the money is there. We would probably sub out the custom iron work. We're no landscapers either. That would be somthing we would sub out that would really add to this. Maybe some fake dimensional shrooms could be mixed in with the landscaping to add to the theme. We would also want to install some spot lights that would point up at the sign. If I had more time I might of illustrated those items in the sketch.

Everything else we would fabricate in house, I think the sign face would have to be dimensional and painted.

magic mushroom sign.jpg

magic mushroom sign face.jpg

SignManiac

Nope Joe never too late, no deadline for anyone that would still like to play. You never fail to surprise me. What an outstanding design!!! It's obvious you put some serious thought into this one. Sweet!!!