• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best transfer tape to avoid bubbles on a long storage

yberthomier

Hi,

I'd like to make big stickers for a supermarket. Those would be sized 12*12 In or 12*24 In and protected in a clear plastic bag.

I'm using Oracal 651 or 551. Those stickers are designed to be applied on cars. The thing is, most transfer tape I've used so far don't go well if the storage exceeds a month.
Tape tends to let air slips between the backsheet and the tape, sometimes between the vinyl and the tape...

Any idea which tape I should be using to get better results?

Sorry for the english but I'm not a native speaker and haven't practised lately.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Regards

ams

Conform 4075-RLA

But I recommend doing custom orders or showing examples. I would not put out hundreds of them, because vinyl and transfer tape has a shelf life. You'll end up wasting a lot.
Also you can cut them out and don't put transfer tape on it until a customer buys it.

Zac

Mediocre Designer
651 definitely has a shorter shelf life than 751. Fresh vinyl is the best quality vinyl in any application though.

3M is expensive but their spacing premask is AMAZING for rolled graphics/storage. Never see air bubbles in it when I get supplied graphics with this stuff on there.

yberthomier

Thanks for your quick replies.

I'm going to take a shot at 751 oracal to see if there's a real difference for my kind of application.
Ams, regarding the transfer tape, i forgot to say that it must be a clear one. The paper one doesn't look well for the shops...
Is there any clear tape that would have the same capabilities than the conform 4075 RLA?
Have you got an opinion on the rtape at75?

Regards

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
At those sizes, I would just store/pack them flat. Box will not be that big.

2B

At those sizes, I would just store/pack them flat. Box will not be that big.

exactly, this size can easily be slid under a table/laid on a shelve
or if you are pressed for space, store it on the edge.Lean it against the wall

ams

Thanks for your quick replies.

I'm going to take a shot at 751 oracal to see if there's a real difference for my kind of application.
Ams, regarding the transfer tape, i forgot to say that it must be a clear one. The paper one doesn't look well for the shops...
Is there any clear tape that would have the same capabilities than the conform 4075 RLA?
Have you got an opinion on the rtape at75?

Regards

Yes the AT75 would be an excellent choice.

decalman

I like 651 for the money. 751 , 951 are better but I can't pay 2, and 3 times more . I'm catering to budget conscience clients.
Shelf life is lots longer than 1 month. Why not a year?. I see it. Bubbles go away. You can google it. :popcorn:

yberthomier

Poli-tape

I've used an alternative that my local supplier had which is the politape PT 160.
unfortunately, due to high humidity in my country, the tape seems to tunnel a little.
I'll let you know when I can get some RTAPE.
Thanks again to you guys for the help.

S'N'S

I have found that clear app tape always tunnels or lifts over a few days........ but we can have all 4 seasons in one day.

toucan_graphics

I don't think the humidity has anything to do with it.... I just got a roll of poli tape and it is horrible! Tunnels, lifting and generally just doesn't make the grade.

POLI TAPE IS GARBAGE