• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Big Squeegee success!

gsxrsvd

Just want to say I had a tough time learning this despite all the helpful hints found here. However, the BEST tip was one person had glass underneath for a smooth surface. I have a self-healing mat but it still has the grooves to inhibit a smooth laminate...so I put down a sheet of alumalite (glass is on order), and all I can say is YAY!! :D I love my 38" Squeegee...now I need a wider one. One tip from newbie here - get the laminate off the base surface asap...it really IS permanent adhesive-I couldn't take an exacto to it since I didn't want to scratch the metal...

pholt1

Just want to say I had a tough time learning this despite all the helpful hints found here. However, the BEST tip was one person had glass underneath for a smooth surface. I have a self-healing mat but it still has the grooves to inhibit a smooth laminate...so I put down a sheet of alumalite (glass is on order), and all I can say is YAY!! :D I love my 38" Squeegee...now I need a wider one. One tip from newbie here - get the laminate off the base surface asap...it really IS permanent adhesive-I couldn't take an exacto to it since I didn't want to scratch the metal...
Thanks!!! We love our big squeegee "when it works" But this makes sense. On thicker materials when it doesn't drag on our cutting mat it works great. But when using it for application tape graphics it seems to grab to much on our self healing mat almost everytime! I am getting ready to build a new work table so maybe I will try this one in glass.