• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Can't get Signtools4 to work

Red-Eye

I have Corelx6 and have a Graphtec ce5000-60 cutter.
I just got it from someone that owed me money, so I'm trying to get it working.
I have my design, which is text, and I go to cut, and all it does it just make like dots on the vinyl for awhile. I always stop it before it does because it seems to go on forever.

I tried Cocut trial as well, but i couldn't get that to start in the correct corner, it always wanted to start in the top and cut off the vinyl.
And when i tried to change the origin point, it would just start spitting out vinyl until i turned it off.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

OldPaint

do you know the difference between a VECTOR and a BITMAP???????
iam guessing your tryin to cut a BITMAP.....cant do that, never will do that..... anything sent to plotter has to be a VECTOR FORMAT...........such as, DFX, EPS, CRD, CMX, AI............JPEG, WMF, PDF, BMP, TIFF, WILL NOT WORK)))

Red-Eye

do you know the difference between a VECTOR and a BITMAP???????
iam guessing your tryin to cut a BITMAP.....cant do that, never will do that..... anything sent to plotter has to be a VECTOR FORMAT...........such as, DFX, EPS, CRD, CMX, AI............JPEG, WMF, PDF, BMP, TIFF, WILL NOT WORK)))
I'm very familiar with vector. I've been using a vinyl cuter on and off for 15 years. I'm just not smart when it comes to setting up new software.
I do sublimation 99% of the time. My old vinyl cutter broke, so i've been without one for a year or so.

Red-Eye

Maybe it's not in the proper command mode
that was the problem. I thought i tried, that but i didn't.

Now my issue is...
I have my corel page layed out to 14.5" x 126". I'm using 15" vinyl
I put the text i want to cut out in the top corner and hit cut. It starts it off the vinyl cutting area, so the knife is lifted up.
I move it down slightly on the corel file, try it again...it starts in the exact same spot, off the cutting area.

I'm reading the user manual now to see if i find what i'm doing wrong, but any help would be appreciated.

Sidney

It's been a while

It's been a while since I have used Signs tool but did try adding crop marks (not sure it that's needed to create a point of reference). I'm sure you also did wire frame preview to see if you had any unnecessary vector pieces floating around.

sounds like a setup issues

download/ reinstall driver/hardware from graphtec site.

i would try cut-master 2 plug in, its on graphtec's site too

try test cut from the graptec control panel software.

sounds like you have it in the front roll mode or something maybe?

OldPaint

why not cut direct from corel to the roland???? save yourself the aggravation....of other useless programs.
i been cutting to numerous rolands ALL FROM COREL VERSION 3.0 TO X7........never needed another program.
need to go to www.rolanddg.com download? install driver TO CUT FROM COREL and be done messin round.