• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Car Wrapping

rjssigns

First thing I'd do is research. Find out how many shops are near yours that do wraps, and what the going rate is. May already be a saturated market.

lucasdowden

There are a few....we have several company vehicles that are blank. All the classes I've seen range from $1500-2500, is it worth the money or any one program better than another?

Pat Whatley

There are hundreds of videos on youtube. Watch them. Get a roll of IJ180, print some, laminate it, and start installing it on your own vehicle. It's vinyl, when you screw it up, and you will, you can pull it back off. Just keep practicing at it until you figure it out. I did vinyl work for 20 years before trying my first wrap. Don't let anyone tell you it's all the same.

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
Posted this on a different post but same question was asked.....

1. Spend $$$ to go to seminars, wrap classes or have someone come in to teach you

2. Watch videos from GOOD installers. There are a lot of videos out there from people who think they know how to wrap.

3. Wrap your own vehicle

4. Run specials (i.e. Charge for material only). Be honest with your clients and what they can expect

5. Be prepared to LOOSE $$$ in the beginning. You are going to make mistakes, redos and the like

6. Have someone that knows how that can help or give you pointers

7. Then when you think you have everything mastered......keep on learning