• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CET Ink-dont switch to mosaic

davecich

All,

CET Color asking customers to switch to a new ink called Mosaic. I have had an opportunity to do comparisons now. Don't do it.

The ink is not as good as the 50/60/96 series you are running, you will need new profiles, and will probably need to adjust temp and voltage (depends on head). They want you to switch so they can charge you more, and lock you in.

Feel free to call us we have all the ink series in stock as you are using, no change needed, and it will not void your warranty. Plus we will save you 40%.

If you are still thinking about It, make them print PMS 185C, 300C, 512C, 165c, 102c, 287c and send to you. You can see then. It's not worth the headache to spend more for less.

Dave

csudman

All,

CET Color asking customers to switch to a new ink called Mosaic. I have had an opportunity to do comparisons now. Don't do it.

The ink is not as good as the 50/60/96 series you are running, you will need new profiles, and will probably need to adjust temp and voltage (depends on head). They want you to switch so they can charge you more, and lock you in.

Feel free to call us we have all the ink series in stock as you are using, no change needed, and it will not void your warranty. Plus we will save you 40%.

If you are still thinking about It, make them print PMS 185C, 300C, 512C, 165c, 102c, 287c and send to you. You can see then. It's not worth the headache to spend more for less.

Dave

What we have been told is a wider color range and better adhesion, do you know something we don't? We are on the list for the change out.

Thanks
CJ

nate

We've been using Vanguard Digital Ink for our CET Q5 since Dave started his company. Significant savings and a fantastic ink set. I'd highly recommend them to any of my fellow CET owners.

ChrisN

The ink is not as good as the 50/60/96 series you are running, you will need new profiles, and will probably need to adjust temp and voltage (depends on head). They want you to switch so they can charge you more, and lock you in. .... If you are still thinking about It, make them print PMS 185C, 300C, 512C, 165c, 102c, 287c and send to you. You can see then. It's not worth the headache to spend more for less.

I'm definitely going to do a test & comparison before doing a switch. Those pantone colors are going on my test document.

What we have been told is a wider color range and better adhesion, do you know something we don't?

Same here. Better gamut, better adhesion, better elasticity. Also, the same price as the 96 series, which is almost 70% of the price it was a year ago. And the conversion and replacement of in-stock inks are no charge.

davecich

my feedback is from looking at the result on prints

I would ask for a 2D comparison of the color gamuts. I don't see it being close to the old inks.

Basically, They asking you to switch to an inferior product so they can keep selling you an ink at a higher price, in my opinion.

I would insist in 5 referrals and samples. Keep using the ink that came with the printer when new, it is better, and I have it in stock.

Dave

jeff823

We just made the switch from 60 series to the Mosaic inks. Yes, I have to do some new color matches, but the adhesion of the White is a LOT better with the Mosaic. We print a lot of 2nd surface prints that are just white text onto acrylic then back sprayed with paint. The paint would easily eat the 60 series white ink, even with double passes set to 12 pass. One pass of 9 with the new Mosaic white and no issues of the paint eating it.

davecich

We just made the switch from 60 series to the Mosaic inks. Yes, I have to do some new color matches, but the adhesion of the White is a LOT better with the Mosaic. We print a lot of 2nd surface prints that are just white text onto acrylic then back sprayed with paint. The paint would easily eat the 60 series white ink, even with double passes set to 12 pass. One pass of 9 with the new Mosaic white and no issues of the paint eating it.
That is great news then. I have a customer that needed new white heads after running the mosaic ink for a short time. Best of luck to you.