• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Change a Roland AJ740 to a AJ740i

Visedge

Hi all!
I have a Roland AJ740 printer and was wondering if anyone knows how to change it to a AJ740i?

The main difference is the (i) utilises Roland's intelligent Pass technology (wave print pattern)

Apparently it's an easy change (but obviously only easy when you know how).

Any help or ideas greatly appreciated!

Hey Visedge,

The process to make the original AJ-740 utilize intelligent pass control (RIPC) is to update the printer firmware to the latest, update VersaWorks to the latest and download the latest profiles (RIPC) from Roland Profile Center here: www.RolandProfileCenter.com.

If you have additional questions or need extra support directly from Roland corporate support, please submit an "official" support request form online here: Product Support Form | Roland

If you do write us, we look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn

Visedge

Hey Visedge,

The process to make the original AJ-740 utilize intelligent pass control (RIPC) is to update the printer firmware to the latest, update VersaWorks to the latest and download the latest profiles (RIPC) from Roland Profile Center here: www.RolandProfileCenter.com.

If you have additional questions or need extra support directly from Roland corporate support, please submit an "official" support request form online here: Product Support Form | Roland

If you do write us, we look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn
Thank you so much! That's just what I was looking for :)

Thank you so much! That's just what I was looking for :)

I am about to purchase an AJ-1000 for a really good price. I know the 740 and the 1000 are basically the same machine. Have you had good luck with yours? I read a few things somewhere that they were troublesome but can't seem to find the posts now. I will mainly be doing banners and mesh with this one. My Ej640 does all the other stuff.