• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CJV30-160 - Cant get printing and cutting

Just got my new printer and installed all software. The tech that did the install says he has only done a couple of these. I can get it to print just fine, and I can get it to cut just fine. But I cannot get it to cut what I have printed. I am using the Rasterlink Pro5 SG that came with the printer and the Finecut. The Rasterlink shows the option of print and then cut when you click the file you are ripping, but those functions are all disabled. I know this is not the best software in teh world but I dont have the cash to upgrade right now.

Does anyone have any advice on what I may be doing wrong? Or a step by step I can use. The manual is pretty much useless with this function, and the tech who installed it cant seem to get much help with the issue. Thanks everyone!

bmw_ante

Lets say you do your artwork in Corel, When you have finished you Push the RL button in the finecut menu , Here you get a "output meny" Choose your Hotfolder (Usually C:/rstrl.../hot/"name of printer"

Then choose what layer to print and what to cut on the bottom of the "menu" , Then push Output... Now it should be sent to Rasterlink ... When it appears you can edit the print &cut properties, Then just right click on the job and choose cut- Cut after rip and print ... DONE

You can not open a EPS, PDF and so on directly in Rasterlink and do a Print & Cut... It has to be outputted through The finecut menu

And sorry for my bad grammar but I am from Sweden ;)

bmw_ante

Remember having your cut in one layer and your print data in one... And if you dont have it alredy then install Finecut 8... CJV30 and Print & cut can get som horrible misscuts with Finecut 7 sometimes

Thanks for the reply! I was doing the things you listed, but the problem was I was not outputting to the correct Hot Folder. Once that was figured out everything worked great.

One more question if you dont mind. I have not read the whole manual yet, but I have a small decal job that came in and the prints need to be laminated and then cut. I am not sure how to tell the rip to cut the prints after I have laminated it? Would I just print it with the cut option off the first time and then reload it after lamination and then shut off teh print option and turn on the cut option?

Sorry for what are probably silly questions. But the tech that installed this machine just said "that is the pen thing we talked about" when I asked him the question. Well he showed me the pen and how it could be used when he installed it, but we never used it.

MangoPRI

Using this feature, if I was to take the material out after the printing stage - for lamination, is there a certain way to reload it for cutting? Should I place the material and crop marks in a certain position for the camera to read it properly?

myront

CorelDRAW is best
We use FineCut just for cutting. All designs are done at two workstations using CorelDraw with no FineCut plug-in then sent to a whole separate RIP Station for print. Either as tif, eps or pdf. We use self made macros to set up the registration marks and weed lines
The RIP station has a copy of CorelDraw & the FineCut plug-in. After print and laminate we throw it on the plotter, let it do it's alignment thing then pull up the file in Corel then use FineCut to plot.