• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Colors not printing correctly Roland VP-540

No Lemon

[/QUOTE]
Did you read what i wrote? You are probably going from RGB to a CMYk document.

yes I read what you said and tried changing a color sample to RGB and still printed wrong colors. I'm going to try again tomorrow. I appreciate your help.

• As others have said, check the color mode you have set in Irritator - we print most in CMYK, but I do find some photos reproduce more vibrantly in RGB. Also, what file format are you using between Illy and Versaworks?​
/QUOTE]

i have been using CMYK by default in Illustrator. I am using PDF's.

player

2 things that can cause issues. PDFs and CMYK.

Use RGB and eps.

Also what colour space are you using in Illustrator? Try Adobe1998.

lgroth

If you got good results with an Inkscape file it's because it's RGB... Inscape has a CMYK slider for colors, but in the end all Inkscape files are RGB

No Lemon

Here is my test print from SERVICE MODE. 20161115_070530.jpg 20161115_070539.jpg 20161115_070546.jpg 20161115_070559.jpg

Here is a test print using CMYK black, yellow, green, blue and red. 20161115_072518.jpg

No Lemon

My local technician says by looking at these pictures I emailed him that he thinks one or a combination of these issues, print head (cyan), head cable, long trailing cables, print carriage board or main board.

I am also see some bleed or shadowing on things that use cyan?
20161115_160052.jpg
Any ideas?

HP-Simon

First some basics.
RGB, CMYK, your printer, monitor etc can only show / print a range of colours.
Its called gamut

RGB gamut is very large, much larger than CMYK.
Your printer might have a larger gamut than CMYK.
So if you dont convert to CMYK and let the RIP do the conversion to what ever your printer can print.
You will get the most out of your printer.

Converting the file to CMYK before sending it to the RIP will restrict the colour range to the CMYK gamut.
And the printer will not use all of its capacity.

Spot colours is a different story..

ams

It could be the color you are printing, but also depending on if it's a new or used printer and if it was setup properly, it could be a damaged print head, air in the lines or that you ran out of ink and it's dry in one of the lines.
There are many things that can alter colors, the VP540 has a built in test print, which you can find under the settings of the machine, it will print a series of lines, colors, alignments, etc. This is prove if anything is wrong with your ink or print heads.