• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Combining Print and Cut on two printers

Fly Graphics

Print Production Manager
Hello all!

Long time listener, first time caller. I am trying to find out a way to print a file on one printer (HP Latex330) and then using my Roland VS-640 to cut the file rather than strictly printing and cutting on the Roland. The reasoning behind it is the HP prints three times as faster than my Roland. I have a large job and am looking for a quick turnaround on it.

Is there a way to set up this procedure? Any recommendations would be fantastic!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If you have a full version of Flexi, you should be able to setup the Roland as a machine in the production manager and that will allow you to add Roland crop marks to your prints. That way you can just bring it over to the Roland and cut from Flexi.

If you have an HP only version of Flexi, I can't think of any method that would work efficiently or at all.

Fly Graphics

Print Production Manager
If you have a full version of Flexi, you should be able to setup the Roland as a machine in the production manager and that will allow you to add Roland crop marks to your prints. That way you can just bring it over to the Roland and cut from Flexi.

If you have an HP only version of Flexi, I can't think of any method that would work efficiently or at all.

Can you perhaps point me to some reading material for this procedure? Thinking of upgrading to the full Flexi version but not familiar how the two printers would be able to work together.