• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel and Contour Color Question

LUV DEM TIGERS

When you create a contour (and I am using X7) the default color is 50% of the color that you are contouring around. Is there a way to make the default contour color 100% of the color that you are contouring around? I had 50 names the other day that I had to contour and I had to change all of them from 50% to 100% (and I generally have to do that every time I contour so it allows me a bleed to vinyl cut to). It would be so easy if you could change the default.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Once you change the contour color to the one you want go Tools/Save Settings as Default.

I use a macro to create bleeds. Select the item/items you need a bleed on then run the macro. Bam! Creates a thick outline same color as filled

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Thanks to John in this post I was able to tweak the code to get a contour on all selected shapes with the contour color same as the shapes color.

Sub CreateContourSameAsFilled()

ActiveDocument.BeginCommandGroup "CreateContourSameAsFilled"

Dim s As Shape, e As Effect, sr As ShapeRange
Dim dVal#

Dim col As New Color

Set sr = ActiveSelectionRange
For Each s In sr

If s Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
If s.Fill.Type = cdrUniformFill Then col.CopyAssign s.Fill.UniformColor

dVal = 0.125 'set offset here

Set e = s.CreateContour
With e.Contour