• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel contact, why so hard????

Bellicose

In regards to my previous thread (CorelDRAW save format) I thought i'd contact them and ask BUT it seems you can't contact them UNLESS you already have purchased one of their products.

Makes it kinda hard to ask a question to ensure the product you want is right for you.

PFFFFT!

Edit to say i've asked a question on their Facebook page but won't be holding my breath waiting for an answer.

Bretbyron

If I remember the post,

I've had Corel 7, 9, 10 and X3 and they have all exported to HPGL Plotter File (.PLT)

Bellicose

when you call can you not just hit zero in the menu to get to an operator?

I'm in New Zealand and there's no "local" number to ring so would be cost prohibitive to call.

If I remember the post,

I've had Corel 7, 9, 10 and X3 and they have all exported to HPGL Plotter File (.PLT)

Yep, I just need to be sure the 'Home & student' version will.

The 'Home & student' version is a "lite" version and some features are missing compared to the full version and i need to be sure that saving as *PLT isn't one of the missing "features" LOL.

CanuckSigns

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the home and student version is not to be used for commercial uses, such as producing items to sell, this is why it's less expensive. You may want to check with Corel and see if you are even able to purchase that version.

Techman

this is why it's less expensive.

Actually,

It is less expensive because several modules were left out in the home students versions. One important module is the VBA section that handles scripts, macros and plugins. These missing modules will cause many of the shortcomings that people experience when trying to operate their equipment.

Commercial purposes aside the home and student versions are not adequate for professional usage because of the missing modules.

Bellicose

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the home and student version is not to be used for commercial uses, such as producing items to sell, this is why it's less expensive. You may want to check with Corel and see if you are even able to purchase that version.

The 'home & student' version is perfect for me (IF it saves as *PLT) as i don't "sell" my airbrush art work, it's a hobby and want the program to cut stencils & masks. That is all.

Actually,

It is less expensive because several modules were left out in the home students versions. One important module is the VBA section that handles scripts, macros and plugins. These missing modules will cause many of the shortcomings that people experience when trying to operate their equipment.

Commercial purposes aside the home and student versions are not adequate for professional usage because of the missing modules.

That's my understanding as well.

The product info says perfect for students and home hobbyists, and that's me.