• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel Gurus

DirtyD

In CorelDraw I use X7 is there a way to make an object follow the inside of an object.

I am creating a very large paint pattern for the infield grass and i wanted to make the cutout in the pattern visible. I have attached an image showing what I want to do. I could hand draw them all in but that would take FOREVER.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-07-27 14.46.58.jpg
    Screenshot 2016-07-27 14.46.58.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 163

Robert Boyd

If you use a font(like common bullets) to make the half moons and use text to path feature it could work. It will take some experimentation. I don't know if common bullets font has half moons but there is probably a free font that has it

jfiscus

Rap Master
Can you use a rounded dashed-line stroke following the center of the line, and then do a shape merge (pathfinder tool in Illustrator) and only keep the overlapping areas? (Sorry, I have never used Corel, but I know this is how I would do it in Illustrator)

neato

I think I would just do it by hand to be honest.

But the slant on SPEEDWAY is what's really bugging me :D

myront

CorelDRAW is best
- create a half circle
- select the artistic media tool
- choose Sprayer/Custom/New Spraylist
- click on your half circle shape
- click on “add to spraylist” icon
- change from custom to anything else then back
to custom and you should see it in the drop down
- duplicate your text and convert to curves
- now choose the artistic media tool and apply to your shape
this where it gets tricky once you get it you can play around with
the artistic media settings i.e. rotation, size, offset etc.

ams

One way to do it is to setup it up as a pattern and then apply the pattern to the letters. Make sure you design it on the far left and right sides of the pattern fill screens leaving a gap in the middle.
Alternatively you can make your design and then drop it in as a powerclip. Also texture fill may be useful.

Lastly create a new font series!

decalman

I am often in this situation. It's easy. I would take the racing swoosh and overlap it with the letter you want to mold, then hit the trim button the n will confirm perfectly. In this case, just it slightly, and the letters will be nicely legible. .. it'll look killer ..... But the trim will only work as long as you ungroup all the objects. Just highlight the racing swoosh and the letters

decalman

I forgot to add this.

You got to take away the outline on the " NEW" letters and then break the letters apart and hit the weld on them ( separately) Then break apart the racing swoosh, and use only the top part of it. The swoosh must be on top, of the letters you wish to indent, then highlight only the involved vectors and hit the trim, and woola.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Unless I missed somewhere, I'm surprised no one suggested creating a blend of half moon objects and applying that to the path. The blend effect is in the same toolbar flyout at the contour tool. To get the effect right on complex shapes (especially around the corners) you'll sometimes have to break the target path up into different segments and apply the blend to those segments, adjusting the number of copies between the two blended objects. This is the approach I use if I want to create something like some letters with an effect like rivets or chase lights lining the inside edges of the letters. The blend tool can be used to create center line effects on letters too, but that involves breaking parts of the letter apart, blending between different segments and using the reverse path direction tool to correct some oddities in blends.

DirtyD

Thanks for all the responses.. I just wanted a nice consistent pattern so I could cut it out.. I decided not to worry about it and just cut away freehand.. This is going to be layed down on grass and all the half moons will be painted then I will lift the pattern up connect the dots and fill in