• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel X6 Freezing Up

lkt1954

I am having an issue with importing various vector file that I get from Shutterstock into Corel X6. If the files are over 3-4mb corel just runs and runs then toy get the not responding message.

I called Shuttestock and they told me it was probably that it was the way the artist created the file, that it must have been done in AI and need to be converted first. I have had other large files that give me no problems.

Is this an issue with Corel X6, Shutterstock or what??

Thanks
Larry

ams

Generally this is a vector file issue. Any time you have a graphic with over like 50,000 nodes, it will freeze. Sometimes it's corrects it's self sometimes it crashes.
The computer will run at full speed and lag everything. Even after you import it, any touch to it such as grouping, moving, breaking apart, etc will have to reload every single node.

I avoid those graphics, but one thing you can do is thin the nodes directly after importing to help.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
There's a lot of vector-based stock art that is not well-tuned to work in CorelDRAW. This especially goes for complex illustrations in .AI, .EPS or PDF format. Really high node counts on objects is one thing (although various printers & RIPS are prone to reject objects containing more 5000 nodes/anchor points). CorelDRAW has issues importing Illustrator-oriented artwork containing transparency effects, clipping masks and various kinds of gradient fills.

For what it's worth, Adobe Illustrator trips on itself trying to properly open certain kinds of CorelDRAW artwork.

ams

There's a lot of vector-based stock art that is not well-tuned to work in CorelDRAW. This especially goes for complex illustrations in .AI, .EPS or PDF format. Really high node counts on objects is one thing (although various printers & RIPS are prone to reject objects containing more 5000 nodes/anchor points). CorelDRAW has issues importing Illustrator-oriented artwork containing transparency effects, clipping masks and various kinds of gradient fills.

For what it's worth, Adobe Illustrator trips on itself trying to properly open certain kinds of CorelDRAW artwork.

This is true, however it's strange because Corel has an Illustrator mode to it, you'd think it'd be more compatible.