• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel x6 Sneak Peak

WildWestDesigns

http://coreldraw.com/blogs/gerard/archive/2012/03/19/upcoming-coreldraw-sneak-peek-4.aspx

If I'm correct in my assessment of what that screenshot means. It looks like the new Corel will have multi-core support. Something that Ai really does need.

Although I will admit that since one of the staple embroidery programs that I use has gone in with Corel, I've had to "force" myself to use Corel more and more and I'm slowly liking it over Ai. I don't know if I'm trying to convince myself of that, because of the other programs that I use or if there really is something to it.

Anyway, I digress. Main point was to show that the new Draw looks like it's going to be 64 bit. Which should mean that it should take advantage of the multi core processors out now.

WildWestDesigns

sweet no more buffer overruns or out of memory errors!

Hmmm, never had that happen with x5, although, my version of x5 is actually "built-in" with my embroidery program, so I wonder if that has something to do with it. I just have a "Design" and "Embroidery" button that I use to toggle between the different interfaces.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Wild,
64bt will allow Draw to access more memory address space over the 2-3gig limit that our current 32bit versions have.
Large files from other designers received here have caused both draw and photopaint to go into the "still loading" loop of death here. I have a 64bit quad core with 9 gigs on win7.
As a rule it has not done this on files I generate myself - just imports.

wayne k
guam usa

Christian @ 2CT Media

I get it all the time when I try to design wraps in full scale... Its getting old, ended up having to build vectors and compile everything in photoshop to avoid those errors.

WildWestDesigns

I gotcha now. Yea, I don't deal with wrap files, so I guess I lucked out there. Mainly sublimation files and my embroidery designs.

It does make sense. I'm looking forward to that ability, it would be nice to better utilize my quad core with 16GB of RAM more efficiently. I'll just have to wait til the next embroidery program release though to get it then. Should only have another year or year and a half til their next one. They are typically on a 2-2.5 yr cycle.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Now if only you can chose photoshop rather than photo-paint as the primary raster editor with the direct link in corel... I know its wishful thinking but it would be nice!

idsignsil

I just bought X5 last month....any chance they might do an upgrade for free or discounted for people who just bought it?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I just bought X5 last month....any chance they might do an upgrade for free or discounted for people who just bought it?

I am sure they will, good guys up there - Canadian you know....
(nothing like those guys over at Adobe)

wayne k
guam usa

Christian @ 2CT Media

I'm In LOVE!!!!

Just loaded a 4gb corel file and copy and pasted every bitmap layer 5 times and it completed in 5 seconds with no errors! this would have crashed corel before or amounted to minutes to an hour to complete.

Thank you Corel for being a step ahead of illustrator by my standards! Now to play with the color profiling/building functions to see if it matches Illustrators accuracy.

SignManiac

I'm downloading at this moment but it says the trial download version is EN32Bit.exe? will this version support 65 bit?