• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel x6 Sneak Peak

Mike F

Anyone know where the website creator in X6 is? The download information says it's included but when the trial installed i didn't see it included but everything else is (corel draw, photo paint, connect, trace etc)

Thanks

Under the "What's New" tab/section of the product info page, it says you need to have a Corel account to download it. Hell if I know where from though.

SignManiac

I've been fooling around with it all day today. A few new things, but nothing that relates directly to how I design. I'm going to upgrade but only because I'm hoping it will take advantage of my OS and 20 gigs of ram. Also, hoping it eliminates any possible crashes.

slipperyfrog

Under the "What's New" tab/section of the product info page, it says you need to have a Corel account to download it. Hell if I know where from though.

I had to sign into a Corel account after installation and then they gave me a download link to this.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
It says you have to have X4 or X5 to upgrade... I have X5 but use Corel 12.. but when did this happen?

signage

I talked to Corel and was told for 90 days they will upgrade older version then it willl only be X4 or X5!

OldPaint

wellll...........i d/l it, had to load net somthing from m/s or else you cant load it, then it tells me i need the latest SP UPDATES for OS, which i dont want to put SP 3 in my XP, OR i need windows 7!!!!!!! so much for lookin at it. aint gona happen.

slipperyfrog

wellll...........i d/l it, had to load net somthing from m/s or else you cant load it, then it tells me i need the latest SP UPDATES for OS, which i dont want to put SP 3 in my XP, OR i need windows 7!!!!!!! so much for lookin at it. aint gona happen.

Why are you against putting the SP3 for XP on?

OldPaint

got a lot of older equipment, and it would interfer with some of it. also when i upgrade to WIN 7 i will have to buy a new scanner, as WIN 7 dosent have have a driver for it.

WildWestDesigns

That sucks. Win 7 I find to be fabulous.

I agree about win 7, but I was never a fan of XP even when it was first out. Not really due to performance aspects, I just never liked the visuals of it. To me, Win 7 is lightyears ahead of XP.

Have you looked into rather or not you could run the XP virtual drive on Win7 Pro ( or Ultimate) and get it to work that way? If I recall, you can also choose which SP for XP you run as well.

idsignsil

So I just got off the phone with Corel, and since I just bought X5 in January, they are sending the upgrade for X6. It only cost 25 plus shipping. So it turned out to be 33 and some change. I thought that was pretty nice.

WildWestDesigns

So I just got off the phone with Corel, and since I just bought X5 in January, they are sending the upgrade for X6. It only cost 25 plus shipping. So it turned out to be 33 and some change. I thought that was pretty nice.

Quite a few places are more understanding about that type of situation then I think some people would give them credit for. Some don't that's for sure, but usually if you bother to just ask, you can usually get something out of it in your favor.

OldPaint

i agree win 7 is a lot better then XP or VISTA. i had a beta version of WIN 7 and i had it setup to where all my older stuff worked on it. i still could cut from corel in win7 no problem. i have an old canon LIDE scanner, and canon and win 7 have no driver for. so when i buy WIN 7, it will include a new scanner at the same time.

Kool, i just bought x5 last month, thanks for the heads up! :signs101:

WildWestDesigns

Windows 8 better be better than their highly touted and underwhelming IE release.

I think it's really going to be more suited for the mobile market. I think they are putting most of their eggs in one basket. While I think MS is innovating more with this release, I just think it's geared too much for the mobile market. Which wouldn't be all that bad if I could find a laptop that was touchscreen and like Wacom's Cintiq. I've just been spoiled too much with that thing.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Rumor mill has it that hp and wacom may just have a joint venture coming soon... I read it on engadget some time ago. Its also supposed to function like Apple's Thunderbolt platform and go from powerful desktop to powerful 21" Laptop.

Its been months since I read it so like all new gadgetry it could have faded to dust but It got me excited.