• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Corel X8 is out!!!!!!!!!!!

Sidney

Corel is Great with a Tablet

Here is a project I just completed using Corel Painter and a Ugee 2150 Drawing Pen Tablet (I don't normally do this style of artwork but it was cool to do). You save a lot of time when you have the ability to design directly onto your screen and into your machine. Hope you enjoy.

Sketch_Skull_beard_b_watermarked.jpg

Christian @ 2CT Media

We love our Ugee 2150 too. We bought it when it first came out and paid $399 direct from China with free shipping. Our designer likes using it over a standard tablet but it does have short comings to true wacom tablets.

Andy D

This checkbox ALONE would be worth the $200 upgrade cost for me. This drives me NUTS. Why did it take so many versions for them to implement this?

AMEN TO THAT!!!! :clapping:

I thought I was the only one that hated that.. I have been looking for a way to turn that off.
I don't remember earlier versions of Corel having that error message...

phiscribe

X8 Font Manager

Just an advisory note here. The new font manager watches folders for changes. Reading over on the Corel Forum, some people have added watch folders that are high traffic. This is bad and will kill font manager performance. For example, one guy added c:\windows. As temp files get created there constantly, this killed his performance. There also might some bug if you use Suitcase Fusion with true type fonts and shortucts.

ironchef

Its not bad, just dont think its worth it. Is there anything for pen? Im trying it out on my surface pro but dont see any features for pen use

ChiknNutz

Can anyone say how it works with fonts installed on a network? I have a FreeNAS server and for whatever reason, Bitstream flatly refuses to see my network fonts on my laptop that has Corel X7 installed. Yet, I have another computer with X3 and Bitstream sees all the network fonts just fine. So am wondering if it is an X7 thing or what. As it stands now, I am testing out various font managers (both free and paid). If X8 has a real font manager that will see my network folders, I might consider it.

OldPaint

WELLLLLLL........... let me tell you all the fun i have had since the trial period ended. went into WIN 7 to remove COREL X8....trial period is over and i dont want to buy it right now. i UNINSTALLED IT...... along with some file for some fonts because my cd burner software said some fonts were missing it would not start((((
THE I CHECK MY EMAIL(which was windows live mail)NOW I CANT OPEN IT!!!!!!!!! says some other program is using it. bull crap!!!!!!! went into RESTORE........3 days before i uninstalled COREL X8. IT RAN CAME BACK TO TELL SOME OF THE COREL FILES DIDNT GET REINSTALLED(((((
deleted corel X8 manually..........EMAIL STILL WONT WORK!!!!! **** on it!!!
i installed THUNDERBIRD EMAIL...... works fine))))))))))))))))

ironchef

I just wish the surface pro had some hard buttons like the wacom tablets do, for keyboard shorcuts and such. They should make a lil wireless pad like they have for the numbers with programmable buttons for stuff like, shift, ctrl, copy, delete, etc..

Asuma01

Constant hangs and crashes have been my experience. X6 runs perfect. X8 crash, crash, crash, crash.
Seriously what the hell?

Asuma01

I didnt. That sounds like a dubious idea. If X8 doesn't work then I would have no recourse for getting work done. Not gonna do it. Old versions have never stopped new versions from working correctly before (in my experience).

Christian @ 2CT Media

The reason why I saw that is every time I've upgraded corel with out removing old versions we found many bugs but if we do clean installs no issues arise. I think there is incompatible drivers/calls between versions.

Suz

I'm curious about the new version and appreciate what you all have to say, but sticking with X7 for now on all of my computers. Haven't had it for too long, just over a year I think.