• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

News Coreldraw 2017 (new Version)

Big Rice Field

Electrical/Architectural Sign Designer
CorelDRAW has had strange font substitution bugs for some time. I'll open an existing CorelDRAW document and the application will claim all the fonts used in the document are missing even though they're installed on the computer. Under the suggested match table the dialog box will show the same fonts but with slightly different arrangements of the name or even just the same exact thing. I think this has been going on since version X6, when CorelDRAW finally adopted the full feature set of OpenType.

Likewise, I'll see font substitution issues if I send artwork from CorelDRAW over to Adobe Illustrator. Some of the fonts turn up missing even though they're installed on the computer. Often Myriad Pro is put in place. I don't like the font substitution dialog box in Adobe Illustrator.
This is an ongoing problem that Corel has to address. Hopefully it will be a free patch file.

Big Rice Field

Corel has ended voice technical support. That is disappointing to me. I abhor "chatting" as I cannot type fast due to athritic fingers.

WildWestDesigns

Corel has ended voice technical support. That is disappointing to me. I abhor "chatting" as I cannot type fast due to athritic fingers.

Look at what is included in the Universal Access in the OS that you use to access the internet (I run Windows OSs in VMs, so I don't know if you do the same) and see what they have for voice to chat. Not always perfect, but if they "learn" they can be pretty good. Dragon was very good in Windows, but that was a 3rd party program, not built in. Just speak and have it convert it for you.

LUV DEM TIGERS

I got 2017 and had to go back to using X7 since I have a Mimaki cutter and Finecut doesn't work with 2017 and it says it will be November before there is a plugin for it.

Well, I just checked again and they have changed the plugin to August. My guess would be August
31st.

Big Rice Field

I loaded a free macro from Corel using Macro manager. Now I do not see the macro. I am "chatting" with Corel tech suppoert, and the person chatting with me canot even tell me the path to where my macros go. She has to refer it to their techinical department. Who will take forever to get ot my question. Corel Tech suport SUUUUUUCKS!

ironchef

I got 2017 just for my laptop/surface book so I can use the pen, but they're pen features for Microsoft surface products suck too. And at work I got x8

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk