• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

CORELDraw X4 is here!!!!!!

Shovelhead

yippee yahoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Is it necessary? Who knows...my boss will pay for anything I need.
Hopefully today I can play!

Explore these Top 10 Reasons to Upgrade

* New CorelDRAW® ConceptShare™ lets colleagues and clients collaborate online with you about designs and ideas. Plus, integration with WhatTheFont™, the online font identification service from MyFonts.com, lets you save time by quickly identifying fonts

* Enjoy seamless compatibility with commonly used file formats, including Microsoft® Publisher, Adobe® Photoshop® CS3, Adobe® Illustrator® CS3 and Microsoft® Word 2007. Plus, you can now import PDF files with comments

* New separate layers per page make it easy to create multiple page layouts within one document

* New live text formatting lets you preview changes before applying

* The new Interactive Table tool lets you easily create and edit tables to provide a structured layout for better text and graphics

* Enhanced Corel® PowerTRACE® X4 includes a new Centerline Trace method that produces more accurate strokes and is perfect for tracing line drawings or signatures. Plus, Corel PowerTRACE now makes it easier than ever to edit, merge or delete colors in your traced design

* New built-in RAW camera support for more than 300 types of cameras. Plus, an easy-to-use RAW lab lets you preview adjustments in real time

* Updated high-quality content, including 10,000 clipart images, 1,000 new high resolution digital images, 1,000 fonts and 80 new professionally designed templates, to get you started in no time

* Comprehensive new learning tools, including over 2 hours of new DVD training videos, new and updated tutorials from CorelTUTOR™, and new CorelDRAW® Handbook - Insights from the Experts

* Modernized interface with redesigned icons, menus and controls. Plus, Windows Vista® certification means you get to work in the latest state-of-the-art environment

ChiknNutz

Woo Hoo! I love how far Corel has come. X3 has been xlnt, hope X4 doesn't let us down!!! I'll take a gander and see if I'll buy too, but knowing me, I probably will. Thanks Shovel!!!!!

The Sign Dude

Buy my pool stick Onesource. I have one of the first muccis made. I havent got to play at all since I bought my printer LOL.

300mphGraphics

* Enjoy seamless compatibility with commonly used file formats, including Microsoft® Publisher, Adobe® Photoshop® CS3, Adobe® Illustrator® CS3 and Microsoft® Word 2007. Plus, you can now import PDF files with comments
This is what I'm most curious about. I'd appreciate it if anyone could shed some light on if there are specific import filters for .pub files as I couldn't find anything more on the corel website.

Shovelhead

This is what I'm most curious about. I'd appreciate it if anyone could shed some light on if there are specific import filters for .pub files as I couldn't find anything more on the corel website.

This feature should have no relevance to the sign industry considering
any Microsoft product file is not considered "production-ready" artwork.

weaselboogie

You think if I bought Corel 3 off of amazon for $1, I could get the upgrade for $200?

Listen to these high tech features from 1992...

CorelDRAW! 3.0, by Corel Corporation, is 1992's award-winning, state-of-the-art illustration software package for personal computers. Also available on CD, this version uses the 3.5" diskette format.

300mphGraphics

This feature should have no relevance to the sign industry considering
any Microsoft product file is not considered "production-ready" artwork.
Which is why it's helpful to import the non-production ready customer supplied files into a program that will edit them to do the job.

ChiknNutz

Attachments

• X4.JPG
    X4.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 269

Shovelhead

Which is why it's helpful to import the non-production ready customer supplied files into a program that will edit them to do the job.

Let me digress....if the file is all copy and doesn't have and imbedded
low resolution .gif....cool!
But you can import copy already.

300mphGraphics

Lighten up Francis!!!
I'm making an observation.
Touch me and I'll kill ya.

Sorry, I swallow a lot of aggression, and a lot of pizzas.

But seriously, I hope your observation doesn't interfere with me getting an answer to a question that could help me and/or save me $$. Thanks again in advance to anyone that gets the X4 product and can take the time to check the import file types for .pub. :)

Shovelhead

Touch me and I'll kill ya.

Sorry, I swallow a lot of aggression, and a lot of pizzas.

But seriously, I hope your observation doesn't interfere with me getting an answer to a question that could help me and/or save me $$. Thanks again in advance to anyone that gets the X4 product and can take the time to check the import file types for .pub. :)

I'll let you know when it's finished downloading...:thumb: