• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Custom Cut Vinyl Color

Is it possible to get a custom color in cut vinyl instead of doing print and cut? Like maybe vinyls made with a specific pantone color? It would be a lot easier to get cut vinyl in a specific color (which I'll be using quite a but as it our company color) than having to do a cut and print every time. Also, the color would be more consistent and better looking than relying on ink. The color is Pantone 562 C in case any one is wondering.

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
I remember Gerber/3M used to sell a clear 220 called Enamel Receptive with which you could coat with your own custom colour, then cut and weed as normal.

I don't know if this still is around, though... might be worth a search for ya.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Pretty sure that Gerber 220 is still around.
You wouldn't have to laminate if you painted it, but you'd need a painter who was consistent.
I suggest going through the manufacturer's color charts and checking for your color (Avery has quite a few PMS colors). If none of them suit you, I'd suggest picking one that's close. You can get custom colors, but you're going to have to buy a lot of it to get it.

visual800

when a customer tells me they need a PMS color in vinyl for their work i show them an oracal 751 chart and tell them here is your options OR you can have it digitally printed and it will be close. If they are demanding tell them everything in their office with their logo on it doesnt match, and it wont! Dont get too wrapped up in all this PMS stuff its a waste of time

AKwrapguy

It all depends on the color you looking for, type of material/application, and your setup (what equipment you have) But yes Gerber, 3M, Orafol, FCD, Avery, Hexes all make solid color material that you can use for a consistent color that you cut from. I know that 3M will make rolls of custom color material but you have to by a full run which can be costly if it's not a large job.

Jburns

Well,
Its good that you posted the Pantone Color.(562 Coated) I have a 2017 Pantone book, Orafol and Gerber Colorcharts.

I think you would be happy with Oracal 751-607 Turqoise Green - Here are two pictures from my iphone - under two separate light conditions. (granted- I don't have an Avery or 3M swatch book to compare).

Attachments

• IMG_2041.JPG
    IMG_2041.JPG
    292.2 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_2042.JPG
    IMG_2042.JPG
    481.1 KB · Views: 243