• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Custom Macro Builders

Christian @ 2CT Media

Here is what we are trying to accomplish. We just bought a iEcho CNC Cutter/Router, they currently don't have any specific tools for setting up files for print/cutting.

We use both coreldraw and illustrator but I know coreldraw macros are easier to develop.

What we would need the macro to do:
1) Add Printer/Cutter Marks for the camera software to recognize. Needs to add a print layer which is 6mm black filled circles and a cut layer which is 6mm cyan outlined circles. Needs to factor for bed size vs extended length due to the software requirements.
2) Make Copies of objects based on sheet size with margins. Add single line Cut lines per division + a complete Border. Organize cutting order and line direction for optimal path.
3) Add page cutoff marks
4) Nest Complex Shapes
5) Assign Layers based on tool color (Find all outlines with specific tool colors, then move them to a named layer)
6) Create connected spiral tool paths for Engraving, Pocket Cuts, Planing/Milling
7) Find and remove overlapping lines
plus other features in the future

It wont let me attach the cdr file I have but I can email it to anyone interested.

qmr55

Hey 2CT,

Sadly, I've never worked with Corel, but if as you said it can be done in illustrator as well, send me a sample file and I will take a look at it.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
qmr55 has the ball on this. I've done prey much all of the same macros for myself.
1. macro to move all "cut lines" to "cut" layer
2. another to create bleeds
3. another to create registration marks (1 computer has the Corel plugin to do this but we needed to do it from our workstation so as to not tie up that RIP Station)
4. another to create weed lines