• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cut vinyl SUBSTANCE motocross

cuartadimension

Cut vinyl motocross

Hello friends, I am Pedro from Spain.

We are beginning to manufacture vinyl kit for motocross bikes.

We are using vinyl and laminated substance, great material. I have trouble cutting vinyl and laminate. We use a plotter SUMMA D120 blade 60 degrees and I have to give 2-pass cut to cut. If I try to cut one pass with 400 grams of pressure, rubs me the blade on the material. Use the 3 wheel pressure does not work, I am interested in buying a plotter for cut vinyl motocross

Someone can cut one pass this material ??? Marking and plotter model and type of blade ???

Thanks for your help,

Greetings from Toledo - Spain

www.facebook.com/cuartadimensionrotulos

cuartadimension

I can one pass cut Substance on my Graphtec FC8000-130 with no problem.
I made a small graphtec tests in the dispenser , and cuts once, but slashing the blade on vinyl . You can tell the type of blade you use , if the portal red blades and pressure and speed you use? thanks

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
Wrong Model

Hi Cuartadimension,

Sorry to hear about the difficulties cutting this Substance material. I have cut quite a bit of that material using our cutters, however I have always used a tangential cutter for this application due to the overall thickness of the material with laminate applied. Our S2 T Series tangential cutters are more suited to cut this material because they have an additional 200 grams of cutting force compared to our drag knife models. You should be able to cut through both the vinyl and laminate in a single pass with one of the tangential models.

If you plan on cutting a fair amount of this material I would suggest looking at one of the tangential machines. Perhaps you could contact your reseller to discuss a trade-in of your SummaCut towards one of the S2's.

You are welcome to email me at philj@summa.us if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Summa Inc.

reQ

Using 10 mil overlam & 6 mil vinyl from substance. Speed 3, pressure 320 on my roland gx640. 60 degree blade.

We cut 6 mil Convex with 12 mil laminate on our Mimaki CJV 150-130 with a 45 degree blade with no problems at all. Not sure what kind of pressure I'm using as I haven't cut any in a while, but I've got a job coming up this week to cut and I'm sure it won't disappoint.

mcngrafix

We cut 6 mil Convex with 12 mil laminate on our Mimaki CJV 150-130 with a 45 degree blade with no problems at all. Not sure what kind of pressure I'm using as I haven't cut any in a while, but I've got a job coming up this week to cut and I'm sure it won't disappoint.
Im just having issues cutting my mx graphics. My blade will not cut all the way throught and im at max force. I even tried screwing the blade in a bit morebut the more clockwise its turned the rougher the cuts are. Graphtec told me to buy a 30 degree blade with the holder to suit for £122 and it still wont cut :(