• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting - little bumps on Zero and %

MangoPRI

Hey all. Just cut a load of vinyl that come out fine. However I had to recut a zero and a 5 which are now appearing with a bump on the top, image attached.

samplecut.jpg

Any ideas what I am doing wrong/what is going wrong?

Thanks,

Chris Cork

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The first thing that comes to mind is your offset setting could be wrong. What angle blade are you using and what is your offset set to?

MangoPRI

The first thing that comes to mind is your offset setting could be wrong. What angle blade are you using and what is your offset set to?
how do I check? I'm quite new to this. Bought it on ebay :)

I've just cut 2 metres prior which was fine, but when reloading to do an additional cut of material it said "marked" and then fed the material forward a bit....

Thank you

Chasez

Material may have moved while cutting (skewed) so the start/end points are in different locations giving the little nick mark.

Chaz

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
how do I check? I'm quite new to this. Bought it on ebay :)

I've just cut 2 metres prior which was fine, but when reloading to do an additional cut of material it said "marked" and then fed the material forward a bit....

Thank you

If you were cutting fine prior to this issue it wouldn't be the offset setting. As Joe House stated, I would check the blade for damage. It might have been due to the media not being straight as well.

MangoPRI

If you were cutting fine prior to this issue it wouldn't be the offset setting. As Joe House stated, I would check the blade for damage. It might have been due to the media not being straight as well.
Thanks, just out of interest, should it be set to cut 1 or pen?

Looks like it's set to cut 1 at the moment with settings of SPD 20 PRS 50 OFS 0.3.

The Pen settings are SPD20 PRS 80.

Wondering if I accidentally changed it or something. WIll order some new blades tomorrow anyhow as I don't have any spares at the moment.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Thanks, just out of interest, should it be set to cut 1 or pen?

Looks like it's set to cut 1 at the moment with settings of SPD 20 PRS 50 OFS 0.3.

The Pen settings are SPD20 PRS 80.

Wondering if I accidentally changed it or something. WIll order some new blades tomorrow anyhow as I don't have any spares at the moment.

Cut 1 for sure. Pen is for using a pen which has no offset.

MangoPRI

Hey all. Just cut a load of vinyl that come out fine. However I had to recut a zero and a 5 which are now appearing with a bump on the top, image attached.

samplecut.jpg

Any ideas what I am doing wrong/what is going wrong?

Thanks,

Chris Cork
Ok after some further experimentation, it only seems to have the issue with the zero and 5 when placed closed to the lead edge on the printer right hand side. When the artwork appears further down the vinyl, it is fine.....

MangoPRI

Also, the pinch rollers default for cutting is H - - - - - H.

Would that affect it?

Last edited: