• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cyrious Software

HulkSmash

We will be switching in the coming days and want to get peoples opinions on it. Those who have used it, or are currently using it.

Thanks.

Christian @ 2CT Media

We left curious because it was overly complicated and in some situations way slower than signvox/shopvox. But now im not so sure it was a good idea as using shopvox now seems like there is too many click and load scenarios to do simple things (sorry not all of us want to set 1 sq ft price and forget it). In all that Complication Cyrious was very smart and powerful, I contemplate moving back but their reinstall fee is crazy along with their annual service contract.

HulkSmash

I've had signvox for 3 years. They've been okay. Their support is better than any other software i've used

unfortunately it doesn't offer as much as i need. Cyrious offers a lot more break down to cost, so i can see where we are over spending and under charging. I'm able to put print times, ink used labor time ETC so i can get almost a 100% breakdown of what every single bit of cost is.. which would be awesome.

also signvox keeps raising the prices, after they told me they wouldn't, for little to no changes - so im out.

HulkSmash

I figure by the time i adjust stuff it will more than cover what i'll be paying for the setup fee. I'm just afraid of transferring clients and jobs to curious and the whole "smooth transition"

Christian @ 2CT Media

I've had signvox for 3 years. They've been okay. Their support is better than any other software i've used

unfortunately it doesn't offer as much as i need. Cyrious offers a lot more break down to cost, so i can see where we are over spending and under charging. I'm able to put print times, ink used labor time ETC so i can get almost a 100% breakdown of what every single bit of cost is.. which would be awesome.

also signvox keeps raising the prices, after they told me they wouldn't, for little to no changes - so im out.
I totally concur, we like to see all of our costs also and I wrote out everything to break it down as far as I could but I still spend time adjusting.

It was a huge step back to go from 10 users to 1, now I have 5 employees so we are paying $40 more than before and everything is a cost add on. I may just end up back at cyrious or handwrite a good spreadsheet/form.

Kevin-shopVOX

Sorry to see you leave. But gotta do what you feel is right and we appreciate your business over the last few years. I'm confused though when you and CT are stating shopVOX can't display itemized costs? How much more detail do you need? You can clearly see the detail is there in the screenshot attached. Even in the video gif link you can see it takes less than 15 seconds to price it out and accurately.

Pricing ACM - Shopvox Pricing GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Am I missing something or do I not understand your point of view? To me if you set it up properly you can have plenty of detail and get estimates out there faster with the proper considerations.. Not to mention actually tailor a product to the way your shop thinks and speaks. Not being able to see the costs makes me think you just don't know how to or didn't bother to set it up. And yes this is shopVOX but signVOX is essentially the same. Set it up to be $6/sqft and done with it or set it up to consume a complex BOM. It's up to you.

I just wanted to clarify that you can definitely itemize costs in shopVOX and see where you can sharpen your pencil if needed.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 12.31.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 12.31.36 PM.png
    137.2 KB · Views: 356

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs

We used Cyrious (first SMS, then Control) for about 15 years before switching to Signvox 4 years ago. Cyrious Control is very powerful, but it is also very expensive. I think we spent about $10k for the software. Monthly support (or "maintenance") is about $125 per month. It was very difficult to custom configure screens, etc. You will likely pay thousands (to developers at Cyrious) to tweak that to where you want it. Cyrious is probably most beneficial to very large shops (25+ employees) because you can set it up with a lot of automation features (auto notifying customer, etc). The Signvox / Shopvox road has been pretty rough at times, but I do not regret switching from Cyrious. Shopvox allows most of the granular pricing Cyrious offers, but is much easier to configure yourself. Shopvox is slowly maturing. I would not have recommended it a year ago, but I can now. It is certainly not perfect. The "many clicks required" partly is the price of the granular pricing, but I think they could design things to move along a little quicker. I am very happy with how I now have much better control of pricing with Shopvox (in regards to material costs, etc). I think it will deliver on what you are looking for in that arena. The conversion will be painful no matter what software you convert to, but it will be more painful with Cyrious. Cyrious is an old dinosaur. In the many years we had it, it progressed so little. I can't imagine going back to it.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Sorry to see you leave. But gotta do what you feel is right and we appreciate your business over the last few years. I'm confused though when you and CT are stating shopVOX can't display itemized costs? How much more detail do you need? You can clearly see the detail is there in the screenshot attached. Even in the video gif link you can see it takes less than 15 seconds to price it out and accurately.

Pricing ACM - Shopvox Pricing GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Am I missing something or do I not understand your point of view? To me if you set it up properly you can have plenty of detail and get estimates out there faster with the proper considerations.. Not to mention actually tailor a product to the way your shop thinks and speaks. Not being able to see the costs makes me think you just don't know how to or didn't bother to set it up. And yes this is shopVOX but signVOX is essentially the same. Set it up to be $6/sqft and done with it or set it up to consume a complex BOM. It's up to you.

I just wanted to clarify that you can definitely itemize costs in shopVOX and see where you can sharpen your pencil if needed.
I'm not saying you can't do itemized details, we do but there are limitations on how it calculates and the fact that you have so many clicks and a few screens that are separate and should be just 1 makes it A bit more time consuming to get what we want. I would also like to see more custom field options that can effect calculations. Like if this box is checked , set material size to X x Y

nate

We will be switching in the coming days and want to get peoples opinions on it. Those who have used it, or are currently using it.

Thanks.
We're enjoying Cyrious. We've been with them for three years. I think you've made a good decision and with the new production app you'll have an easy way to track things. We're really looking forward to it to help with actual cost tracking among the other features it'll offer.

Christian @ 2CT Media

What would be the use case that this would be useful for you? In a waste scenario?
I have lots of scenarios, like for banners to calculate non standard grommet placement, or for plastic a frames to automatically populate the size field with the correct insert size, another would be if we could input numerical data like check a box for backslitting and then add the backslit counts per piece, etc.

dale911

President
I am having support reload Cyrious as I'm typing this. I am a small shop so I don't necessarily use everything that the software offers, but it does do a very good job at just about everything. My biggest problem with them is that I "bought" the software originally for a couple grand and then my support ran out at the end of the first year and I didn't renew it. I thought I could rejoin support at any time but found that while I can re-join, there is a fee involved as well. So since I'm running a smaller version of Cyrious (silver), my support is only $75 a month but the fee for the getting back on it was $268. I think it's ludicrous and if someone had software similar, I would jump, but in this case, they got me. I had to reinstall it because I lost my boot record for my C: drive so I had to either update and get all the new features for the last two years along with support, or pay the hourly tech fee. It took them an hour to install and have me back up and running but I need to set up a client as well and having difficulty on my own, so that would be another ticket. I will say that they bill to the nearest 10 minutes, but now that I'm on support again, I'll be using it as much as I can to get my money's worth.

AaronMcC

We're enjoying Cyrious. We've been with them for three years. I think you've made a good decision and with the new production app you'll have an easy way to track things. We're really looking forward to it to help with actual cost tracking among the other features it'll offer.

Hi, Nate. Thanks for your input. We're looking at Cyrious right now and I have a question for you related to that production app you mentioned. If you don't mind me asking, what are you running the app on? We have a fair number of employees and I don't want to buy an iPhone for everyone just to run an app to log their time and materials. What's the cheapest handheld device the app will run on? Thanks for your time.

Aflac

Not to hi-jack the thread but what is the difference between sign vox and shop vox? Same company different features?
Thank you...sorry for hi-jack

2B

Not to hi-jack the thread but what is the difference between sign vox and shop vox? Same company different features?
Thank you...sorry for hi-jack

looking at their website, signvox was the initial program and has since been discontinued. The progrm has now been converted into shopvox

Jim DeBoer

We are on Cyrios Control. We are a medium-sized shop with a little over 20 people. We are so invested into Cyrious that it is hard to move, but I fear that we will eventually. The support is slow and costly along the way and like someone said earlier you will spend heavily getting things the way you want them.

The biggest frustration is there testing. They do updates that will crash your systems with memory leaks. Reports you use will change parameters and stop working after updates and pricing jumps all over after updates. Their response will be, can you help us find where this is happening? I think more testing and stability from accounting shop management software is important. I have been trying to get our rigid pricing fixed for almost 6 months, and it still jumps around all by itself. You can make an estimate and 5 minutes later the price has been changed by a few dollars. Just weird stuff.

If you're a small shop, be careful what you're getting into. And if you're a large shop, like any system plan it out well.

It does a lot, it is powerful, It solves tons of issues, but I hate it!