• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Decals sticking together

Dezmond

Hey everyone. We are printing decals for a customer on our Mimaki CJV150 with SS21 inks. We hang them to gas off for at least 2 days before we cut them and package them to send them off.

We are noticing that the decals are sticking to each other and wrecking them. Is there something we can use in between them so they don't stick? Or are we doing something wrong?

Any help, tips, etc. would be of great!

Thanks,

Dezi

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Hey everyone. We are printing decals for a customer on our Mimaki CJV150 with SS21 inks. We hang them to gas off for at least 2 days before we cut them and package them to send them off.

We are noticing that the decals are sticking to each other and wrecking them. Is there something we can use in between them so they don't stick? Or are we doing something wrong?

Any help, tips, etc. would be of great!

Thanks,

Dezi

Well first I would determine why this is happening, instead of trying to separate them with something. Drying for 2 days and they stick? Your ink is not curing, or you're oversaturating the prints. Your profile may not be correct and needs ink saturation or ink limits turned down. If they are not tacky or sticky or pooled after drying for 2 days, and still stick together, I would laminate them.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Dust 'em with flour. They won't stick. Then figure out why your batter is wrong.

Last edited:

bannertime

Dust 'em with flour. They won't stick. Then figure out why you batter is wrong.

Yup, in his case, it's best to solve the sticky issue before starting the baking process again. Sounds like it's not baked enough or there's too much oil. Maybe not the right mixture for the altitude. Just a weekend cook, so I don't know.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Dust 'em with flour. They won't stick. Then figure out why your batter is wrong.

Not flour, use cornstarch instead. Or separate them with plain old vanilla wax paper.