• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dodge Ram Stripes

skyhigh

Over the years, I had never done much in the way of "Vehicle" graphics. That being said, this may seem pretty "lame" to some of you, but .......what would your procedure be for attacking the deep grill (about 2 inches) on a dodge ram?

This didn't turn out too bad, as long as you don't try to "smell" the grill. From 2 foot away, its hard to notice the "piece" job.

Attachments

• ram front.PNG
    ram front.PNG
    173.6 KB · Views: 322

skyhigh

perhaps a little more info.....
This was done with Oracal 970ra. Transfer tape was used.
When doing the grill, the "flat" portion was adhered, then the transfer tape was removed. At this point, it was heated and stretched as far as possible (guessing a little less stretch, with the knifeless tape placed close around the "corners"?). From this point, it was painstaking process to "trim" the remaining brittle and irregular vinyl extra (after it was heated and stretched to the max), then proceed with the equally painful job of "piecing" in the remaining vinyl.

If this job was done today, it would be "attacked" in a totally different process.
1) The grill would start off with individual pieces without transfer tape.
2) knifeless tape.

The whole job is pristine.....execpt the grill. Amazing how 12" can ruin your day. ))))))))))