• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does anyone know if there is a way for the printer to bypass reading/detecting ink cartridges?

0igo

So once again i got the [M] read error. This time though i take out my cartridge but my printer doesnt detect that it is out. if anyone knows a way on how i can bypass this or a service i can buy so that my printer does not detect ink levels/ cartridges please let me know.

I have a mutoh valuejet 1624

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It could be a bad sensor or the heater junction board is malfunctioning. I would try cleaning the terminals that the sensor plugs into on the heater junction board first to see if that fixes the issue.

Mutoh does offer a service to turn off the ink chips but it costs around $1500 if I remember correctly. It's mainly for people who want to use dye sub inks in their machines so they may require you to be using dye sub to deactivate the chips. I have never had the service done before so I don't know what the qualifications are but I know it exists per my Mutoh sales rep. The cost changes depending on the printer model as well.

Umca

For check if cartridge detection sensor is working normally you can do:
- Remove the cartridge and open locker frame;
- Few times press to sensor's pin and check if printers's recognized it (pin on photo). Maybe pin is locked in some position and just need to release it.
My printers are unlocked by technician few years and did not use smart cards. Please write me PM if you interest.

Attachments

• CartridgeHolder.jpg
    CartridgeHolder.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 1,055

0igo

Got the printer unlocked, Now my printer can print without any cards at all. Honestly best investment I've done for my printer. If anyone needs help let me know :)

midmoco

Got the printer unlocked, Now my printer can print without any cards at all. Honestly best investment I've done for my printer. If anyone needs help let me know :)
yes I need help with my 1614 and 1604 ,cant hardly keep up with problems. thanks midmoco

archenemy1

Would appreciate any help with doing away with smart cards.

Thanks

0igo

Would appreciate any help with doing away with smart cards.

Thanks
i should have probably stated earlier that its not a free service. Its a service a technician does. Once done though never worry about ink codes again. Cost is expensive but its only a 1 time fee

artbot

I saw the remote option costs $900 from one tech (gone rogue). How much is the going rate? Any good contacts?

Barrah Felix

Im seriously in need of this help to solve the ink smart card problem

0igo

Sorry guys I have not been active on the site but yes cost is around $900. I can ask again if you guys want. He did mine remotely from his location. We spoke on WhatsApp and I have proof of the whole process. I also have a video on YouTube...search mutoh 1624 printer unlocked..

Feel free to message me directly if you need help.