• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does Roll to Roll UV Printer Need Ionizer Bar?

billram570

I have several flatbed printers and a dozen solvent roll to roll printer and am looking at a 10 foot UV Roll to Roll Printer. I have ionizer bars on all of my flatbeds to prevent static from messing up my Ink Flow. Does anyone know if its is just as important to add to an ionizer bar to a UV Roll to Roll printer. We will be printing different materials obviously. I just wasnt sure how important it was. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

particleman

We used to fight our old Agfa without an ionizer bar with static but one of the ways we pinned our issues to static was putting rolled vinyl on the machine. It would always print perfect, load various sheet media and it would show static issues. After adding an ionizer bar it fixed it all though.

So for roll to roll media you'll probably be fine.

boxerbay

Bill looks like we might have the same CET Q5-1000h. CMYK prints fine. White is a static generator. Our white scatters everywhere. I am currently looking for static suppression solutions.

mark7979

I have several flatbed printers and a dozen solvent roll to roll printer and am looking at a 10 foot UV Roll to Roll Printer. I have ionizer bars on all of my flatbeds to prevent static from messing up my Ink Flow. Does anyone know if its is just as important to add to an ionizer bar to a UV Roll to Roll printer. We will be printing different materials obviously. I just wasnt sure how important it was. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
As a uv printer manufactuer,we suggest you to buy the UV RTR printer with anti-static device,which is very important for getting the better image printing quality!Considering the printing speed of the UV RTR printer is slow compared to the traditional solvent printer,suggest you buy the printer with Knoca 1024i or Kyocera KJ4A-3.5pl printhead,better double rows printhead configuration,such as (LcLm CK YM WV x 2) 12 Konica 1024i heads,which can print the color C,M,Y,K,White&Varnish or just 4 Kyocera KJ4A-3.5pl heads to print CMYK two rows!