• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Double Sided Printing on HP Latex 110

CC-CMYK

Hi! Im new to this forum. I have a HP Latex 110 and I occasionally get asked to print stickers with printing on the back. I know it would be the best to get the 360 but I'm not there financially. I've been in the game for three years and have just invested in a store front, new laminator and a new cutter. I'd like to recoup my investments on those before I make another machine purchase. Is there a work around to doing double sided printing on HP Latex machines that aren't the 360? Maybe similar to the way Roland printers cut the slits in the sides of the media and line them up somewhere on the platten? Is there anything I can try before I tell my latest customer I can't?

Thanks!

ikarasu

I'd say it's not possible. Even near perfect...

Even if you get it aligned correctly in the beginning, if there's even a little see it's going to go off.

You could pick up a cheap / quick screen printing kit. If it's just in 1 color / text, it'd be easy to print on the backs in good alignment. Might be worth it depending on how many you need to do... But even then, odds are it won't be perfect alignment, unless you cut them into sheets.. probably more time.consuning than you'd make proffit.

If you absolutely need to do the front and back. I'd say sub it out, get enough customers wanting it... And by then you can justify buying another machine.

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
Why are you printing on the paper? Just curious.

I've never had anyone request that in 29 years. Sounds like a waste of time and money for something that get thrown away.

ikarasu

We print on the backing a lot. All of our government jobs require us to have instructions / rules on the backing - For instance all the no alcohol under xx years, or smoking... It lists on the back the requirements on where it must be placed, as well as other regulations regarding the specific law.

The onlytime we've ever had to do it was government jobs though... And we normally screen print those jobs. Come to think of it, We've never had to use the double sided feature on our roll to roll...

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
If this is just an occasional request with the numbers not too high print the rear message on the cheapest vinyl that will work on your HP & stick it onto the back of the finished decals.
Done and done without a new machine.

wayne k
guam usa