• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Easiest print/cut with Summa

rjssigns

To the OP: What was your previous 'old' workflow (pre-Summa)?

Design in Ai, set CutContour for VersaWorks, save. Drag and drop single file into VW, set number of copies, click on add CutContour marks, click print. Laminate, reload into Roland print/cut device, set cut parameters and cut.

With Winplot I don't like the fact that I am stuck setting up files for the amount of copies I want then having to generate another file with the cut path. So simple with VW. I just need to drop a single file into the RIP, poll media size then set copies needed. I don't have to worry about setting up the correct size artboard, or if I'm maximizing the vinyl which I'm not doing with WinPlot.
Too much time is wasted with the extra steps. Another issue is when quantities change. Now I have to grab the clients logo, and set it up for the correct amount of copies save that. Set up the cut data save that etc.... No way that is a time saving workflow.

Suz

Congrats on your new Summa! Ain't life great? We just got a new Summa too, so much easier!!

rjssigns

Congrats on your new Summa! Ain't life great? We just got a new Summa too, so much easier!!

Yes! Life got a whole lot easier with the addition of the Summa.

No more cringing or wondering how many more copies I have to make to get enough to fill an order. No more wasting time cutting a job into manageable pieces either.

Wife approves of the Summa. She's Belgian too.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Yes! Life got a whole lot easier with the addition of the Summa.

No more cringing or wondering how many more copies I have to make to get enough to fill an order. No more wasting time cutting a job into manageable pieces either.

Wife approves of the Summa. She's Belgian too.
Did you work out your opos paneling? Isn't it great not having the material move so much while cutting?

rjssigns

Did you work out your opos paneling? Isn't it great not having the material move so much while cutting?

Not yet, and I really need to get on it. Lots of small jobs took up all my time, and I got to work outside on a couple of them.

FrankW

Completely not understandable that someone suggest the contour cut solution with winplot instead of using a print and cut RIP. With Flexi you could generate copies in the RIP, not in the file, you could even nest different files together, and a really cool feature is batch processing of several cutting jobs with OPOS Barcode (then the plotter recognizes itself which job is needed and poll it from the PC). You do not need to worry about handling to files, Flexi (as any other contour cutting RIP does too) handle it for you. Much more clicks and potential mistakes with Winplot.