• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Edge having electrical issues?

Skeezix

Good afternoon,
Edge "fading out" electrically.
PowerSupply replaced and general serviced less than 10 print hours ago.

Video

Thoughts?

Jburns

Remove power plug ,- turn on to discharge remaining power. turn off.

Remove left and right side panels- reseat ribbon cables for from panel- there are two.
Re-seat all Pxxx Connectors.
Check all connections on the right side of power supply
Check power cord - sometimes they don't sit properly in edge plug on side

Skeezix

*** Worked GREAT **** Very simple process and we are back in business. Thanks so much

Remove left and right side panels- reseat ribbon cables for from panel- there are two.

Will308decals

I am having problems with my Edge right now and might try this, it usually take 5 or 6 seconds to turn on after I flip the power button but stopped turning on just last night. I ran prints yesterday afternoon. What do you mean by turning on to discharge remaining power, and the pxxx connectors? Thank you

Jburns

You want to help or wait for power to discharge in the capacitors- that store energy after it has been unplugged. You do not want to work on the machine if there is still residual power in the system.
The Pxxx conectors will be like P515, P128, for example.