• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Efi H1625 Led

ProColorGraphics

I am wondering from those that have this printer, if you would recommend it to someone? I am considering getting one and just curious of the pros/cons of those using them? Any advice, hits, tips, etc. are appreciated.

bigtee

I am wondering from those that have this printer, if you would recommend it to someone? I am considering getting one and just curious of the pros/cons of those using them? Any advice, hits, tips, etc. are appreciated.

Good hybrid printer. I service them and if they are used regularly, you won't have any issues. White needs to be run daily to keep the health of the white heads.

bwizz

Have one of these sitting next to our GS3250. Good machine, Quality. Take up roll its tricky to get straight (if doing long runs) as the media will lift 1 side. If not caught in time will cause a head strike. Just find it a little slow but then its next to out GS.

Oh and donut double sided boards is fun!

ProColorGraphics

Have one of these sitting next to our GS3250. Good machine, Quality. Take up roll its tricky to get straight (if doing long runs) as the media will lift 1 side. If not caught in time will cause a head strike. Just find it a little slow but then its next to out GS.

Oh and donut double sided boards is fun!

I sense some sarcasm there about doing double sided boards. ;)

StevenGC

I sense some sarcasm there about doing double sided boards. ;)

Double sided can be tricky. I've got painters tape on my table with lines we've added to help me feed boards straight. Few other tricks too but I make it work. I have no experience profiling colors and ours is a little off (greenish grays and orangish reds). One day I'll take the time to work on it. Magenta inks seems to cause problems every year... we also have a service contract to cover cost of heads and other stuff that go bad.

Definitely need to run white ink every day even if you don't have any white ink jobs. We probably print white a few times a week but if i don't run at least a square foot daily, I waste more ink purging air when I do need it.

Do the daily maintenance... it takes a couple minutes to clean the heads and jet plate. Weekly and Monthly maintenance isn't bad... but for what our shop has been used to, it's definitely more hands on. Fiery can be slow but apparently this is the norm.

When it runs well, it's a champ if a little slow. When it doesn't, we use Nazdar for support and they have been good to work with.

Not sure if I would recommend one without seeing other comparable flatbeds in operation.

Feel free to ask me any other specific questions.

MGB_LE

I would recommend the printer because it's a hybrid roll and sheet fed. The color is pretty consistent, and I would agree that it's not fast. We have printed on paper, MDF, acrylic, aluminum and it's handled it all, pretty well. Be sure to invest in a flatbed cutter as well, to get maximum benefit from the printer capabilities.

23design

Good hybrid printer. I service them and if they are used regularly, you won't have any issues. White needs to be run daily to keep the health of the white heads.

I run two of them about 14 hours a day. How do you combat the heads stair casing roughly on the nozzle print? All nozzles are accounted for. Also, there are major issues with the ink lines/cables and the IGUS track. I have busted countless lines and torn cables due to poor design on these printers. They run ok. Buyer beware though.

MGB_LE

I run two of them about 14 hours a day. How do you combat the heads stair casing roughly on the nozzle print? All nozzles are accounted for. Also, there are major issues with the ink lines/cables and the IGUS track. I have busted countless lines and torn cables due to poor design on these printers. They run ok. Buyer beware though.

Strangely I've experienced zero of these issues over the last couple years on mine, and we use it daily. You may have a service issue rather than there being an inherent design flaw?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23design

Strangely I've experienced zero of these issues over the last couple years on mine, and we use it daily. You may have a service issue rather than there being an inherent design flaw?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish it were just a service issue. They finally issued a retrofit of new ink lines to combat the problem of the IGUS track. They must have had a new guy building my two printers.

Mbenn

We have had this machine for a couple of years now and sadly we have had similar issues with the IGUS track and Ink Lines. We are on our third set of ink lines with the updated ink line configuration.
At this point the IGUS track is a mess from being taken apart so many times and we are awaiting new parts for it. But the printer is still operating.
The printer does print beautifully at the 900x900 4 and 8 pass settings. But for the type of work we do I cannot run it at faster speeds due to glossy banding issues.
The speeds are far lower than what was advertised. Well unless you realize what they are advertising is the 600x600 4 pass and 8 pass settings.
The printer is glitchy at times. We commonly see a "failed to connect to print head error" Which requires resetting the substrate and re-sending the job. Sometimes multiple times on the same job.
I personally would not use the roll option on this printer. Threading it is time consuming and only worth it if you were printing a full roll. If you can afford the price of this printer I would imagine you could afford a second roll printer at a much lower price.
We do run the Superdraw inks in our printer and that is the only reason we bought it. EFI has these inks on lockdown. If I buy again I will look at a true flatbed printer.

At the end of the day the printer does what we need it to do. Now that we have EFI as our support (not our original vendor) things have been going a lot smoother.
I personally would probably not purchase this printer again and would have to be thoroughly convinced to purchase another product from EFI.
I haven't used any other products of theirs. But I would need to see the speeds and print quality in person over a length of time before I felt differently.

Last edited:

tbaker

Failed to connect to print head is commonly caused by a firewall being inadvertently turned on by windows

Habik

Has anyone experienced issue with ink drops during prints? Happened random.

Heads and vacuum lines were replaced.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Habik

A picture of the ink drops would help diagnose
Substrate Plexi
Colour mode CMYK + white.
Yellow spots this time.
2b9a29f115d77c1c9666346d6b568aa9.jpg
0796938beb3f600b33db7e8f42f5f2c9.jpg

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

MGB_LE

I would like to update my recommendation and ask a question. Firsty, I understand that a successor to this machine is the 16H model, which uses print heads from a different manufacturer, and they do NOT require liquid cooling. This is big because the coolant pumps for the H1625 are $800 to replace, adn we've probably replaced 3-4. They aren't meant to be rebuilt, and they tiny, and not robust. The warranty on these pumps is laughable. I've seen output off the 16H and it is comparable to the H1625 LED print quality.

Now I have a request: Can anyone offer tips on printing double-sided boards on the H1625 LED?

ZXNutt

Make sure you trim the boards to size. We often find that coro is never a true 48" wide. I usually print the first side and then trim the board to 48" wide before printing the second side, that keeps the alignment much closer.