• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Efi Vutek Q2000 Problem

scotia290180

Hi wonder if anyone can help. Our Efi Vutek QS2000 printer has suddenly started printing unwanted bands at the side of our prints and is happening on all material from ACM to roll to roll vinyl would appriciate if anyone could steer us in the right direction to getting this resolved. Thanks in Advance Scott. Please see image attached for unwanted bands cheers

Attachments

• IMG_1280.JPG
    IMG_1280.JPG
    293.8 KB · Views: 445
Last edited:

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
It almost looks like their's extra data going to the printer. Can the printer's internal queue be purged?
I seem to recall having a similar problem on a different brand's printer and that's what would correct it (for that printer, it was simply a matter of rebooting the printer itself).

scotia290180

It almost looks like their's extra data going to the printer. Can the printer's internal queue be purged?
I seem to recall having a similar problem on a different brand's printer and that's what would correct it (for that printer, it was simply a matter of rebooting the printer itself).

Thanks forthe reply, Yeah i thought that too but it even happens when running printers internal calibration stuff like the nozzle test patterns so must be at printers side of things.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Oh. Hate to think along these lines, but that might be a circuit board gone bad if it's pushing out extra data on every kind of print.

ImagePress

It s been a while since I worked on a QS but one of the issues we always had was the pixel data cable that ran through the umbilical was always getting worn. We get extra data printed whenever it flexed at the break. Other than that, I would have to point the finger at either the pixel board or the digital board.

StevenGC

Hi wonder if anyone can help. Our Efi Vutek QS2000 printer has suddenly started printing unwanted bands at the side of our prints and is happening on all material from ACM to roll to roll vinyl would appriciate if anyone could steer us in the right direction to getting this resolved. Thanks in Advance Scott. Please see image attached for unwanted bands cheers

We use an H1625 so these may not apply- check your encoder strip and your data cables running from your PCB to the heads.

scotia290180

Problem fixed.

thanks for all your help guys.

problem was that the data cable from on head running through the umbilical either has a loose wire inside or was hitting the printers shell as
once cable reseated and lowered to stop hitting the machines casing the bands disappeared.

thanks for all the help

Scott