• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

exporting cdr fail

Murray

Hi all,

When i export a cdr file as a pdf my pdf comes up blank! I swear ive tried every setting possible but still i get a blank white pdf. Whats most maddening is that sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. When it does not work, no matter how many times i repeat the export, i get the same result. Has anyone else experienced this? Im using Corel 17 and whichever version of Acrobat I select seems to make no difference. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

V-ENGRAVE

Have you tried use another export filter? EPS, SVG, WMF are valid options.
Another thing to try is Publish to PDF instead of export.

fresh

Also make sure you only have one page (look at the tab on the bottom of the page). If there is more than one page, copy and paste it into a new file, and then export it.

J Hill Designs

Also make sure you only have one page (look at the tab on the bottom of the page). If there is more than one page, copy and paste it into a new file, and then export it.
with publish to pdf you can choose 'this page' vs 'this document'.

it has the ability to create multi-page pdfs...

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Regarding the 200" page limit, are you guys sure that's really the limit? I've had PDFs fail and yield the blank page at smaller sizes, such as 150" X 96". I assumed PDF would have the same size limit as Illustrator .AI and InDesign .INDD files (227" X 227"). Obviously other factors have to be coming into play, such as document raster effects settings, the kind of artwork being saved in the PDF, etc. I also make sure my layer settings are correct in Corel's Object Manager before saving the PDF.

In general I usually only generate PDF files as copies of my scale drawings, not larger size or full size files. When I use Adobe Illustrator as a go-between application I save artwork from Corel in AI format.

J Hill Designs

Regarding the 200" page limit, are you guys sure that's really the limit? I've had PDFs fail and yield the blank page at smaller sizes, such as 150" X 96". I assumed PDF would have the same size limit as Illustrator .AI and InDesign .INDD files (227" X 227"). Obviously other factors have to be coming into play, such as document raster effects settings, the kind of artwork being saved in the PDF, etc. I also make sure my layer settings are correct in Corel's Object Manager before saving the PDF.

In general I usually only generate PDF files as copies of my scale drawings, not larger size or full size files. When I use Adobe Illustrator as a go-between application I save artwork from Corel in AI format.

fairly certain its 200", many google results back it up.

Andy D

make sure a) the objects in question are actually on the page, and b) the page isn't larger than 200 inches.

This ^^^, Sometimes Corel exports fine when the art isn't hovering over the page, other times not.
I have had had to copy and paste the art into a new page, it seems that sometimes there is something in the original page Corel doesn't like
so it gets buggy. If all else fails, reboot.

Andy D

I'm not 100% what ya'll are referring to because I avoid exporting as a PDF because I have too many buggy issues with them,
but I do know that the object doesn't need to fit within the bounding box, it just has to have some part of it over it.
I just exported a box that was 1:1 scale 30" x 400" as a PDF, with a 8.5" x 14" bounding box, and imported it back in..
It imported perfectly, same when I used the Publish as a PDF.

attachment.php

Attachments

• scale.jpg
    scale.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 146

J Hill Designs

I'm not 100% what ya'll are referring to because I avoid exporting as a PDF because I have too many buggy issues with them,
but I do know that the object doesn't need to fit within the bounding box, it just has to have some part of it over it.
I just exported a box that was 1:1 scale 30" x 400" as a PDF, with a 8.5" x 14" bounding box, and imported it back in..
It imported perfectly, same when I used the Publish as a PDF.

well, I just tried to 'publish to pdf' a 13"x400" red box from corel, using 'selection' as page size, from a 8.5"x11" page, and what I got was a blank 13"x200" pdf

edit: it imports back in just fine, but that's beside the point. the pdf comes out blank, and 200" wide

Andy D

well, I just tried to 'publish to pdf' a 13"x400" red box from corel, using 'selection' as page size, from a 8.5"x11" page, and what I got was a blank 13"x200" pdf

edit: it imports back in just fine, but that's beside the point. the pdf comes out blank, and 200" wide

I don't know what to tell you, it works for me......

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• RANDOM TEST 1.jpg
    RANDOM TEST 1.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 138
  • RANDOM TEST 2.jpg
    RANDOM TEST 2.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 146

J Hill Designs

I don't know what to tell you, it works for me......

attachment.php

attachment.php

Open the pdf and see what it looks like.

I just did the same thing. publish to pdf 800x800 with random crap. the pdf turned out to be .04"x.04" and blank, but imported back in exactly as published.

I'm not saying the data isn't there, its just the the PDF SIZE doesn't come out right.

Andy D

Which just so happens to be the OP's problem TO A TEE.

I see what you mean when I tried to open it in Photoshop, but that's just Adobe's stupid restrictions...

When I opened it in my PDF reader, it opened fine.. and it opened fine in Onyx too,
I didn't see where the OP really said what they were trying to do with the exported PDF....

J Hill Designs

I see what you mean when I tried to open it in Photoshop, but that's just Adobe's stupid restrictions...

When I opened it in my PDF reader, it opened fine.. and it opened fine in Onyx too,
I didn't where the OP really said what they were trying to do with the exported PDF....

odd, adobe acrobat (pro) opens them blank for me

Andy D

odd, adobe acrobat (pro) opens them blank for me

Yeah, with exception of photoshop, I hate all things Adobe, I use Foxit reader, so that may be it.
So, this isn't a CorelDraw export issue, it's an Adobe open /import issue... but I do see what you mean now.