• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fb950 Image Sensor Can't Find User Edge...

signman315

Signmaker
Hello all! Wondering if anybody has ever had issues with the image/media sensor not being able to find the user edge of the sheet when measuring? I've cleaned out and around the area where the sensors are located. I did find some dust and cleaned it out but nothing significant. The printer is about 6 years old and never had this part replaced so maybe just a faulty part? Wondering if anyone has had similar experience or insight. Thanks folks!

signman315

Signmaker
do you solved it?
i have same problem
I did solve it....

In my case it was a bad data cable. I replaced the data cable and it solved the problem as well as a bunch of other little problems that I couldn't figure out. The data cable that HP uses is very poor I highly recommend upgrading it with an aftermarket cable. The only place I know that has one is California Media Services, they are great! They've developed an upgraded data cable with static suppressors and a much thicker/more durable casing. I put that cable in and no kidding my printer has never run so well. I was getting thermistor warnings, it wouldn't purge, print quality issues, slow response from the interface, and all of that hasn't happened once since I put in the new data cable.

With that said you could also have a bad image sensor but that wasn't the case with me. Best of luck!