• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Finecut 8 on Corel x4 PC

WrapperX

Hey all,

Trying to get my Finecut Software to work on Corel x4 on PC and for Adobe Illustrator CS4 on Mac. The plotter is Mimaki CG 160 FX and on both machines the setup seems to communicate and identify the printer but whenever I go to plot it tells me "No response from the plotter. Check whether the plotter is in remote mode and in the correct communication."

The plotter is most def. in remote and everything seems to be in there but I'm still missing something.

Can anyone help on this?? I've been plugging away at this since about 11 am and I have exhausted everything I know. Any sort of tips or settings walk through would be great!

thank%20you.gif

PotatoHead

printer guy
Hello, People
The same issue here and it's very strange problem. I have 2 cutters. One is CG75FX, which never had a problem. Recently got CG 160 FX - and no matter what I try, it doesn't work. X5 and few older versions of CorelDraw, Illustrator and FineCut were installed. Cutter was hooked up to different PCs and all I get is "No response from the plotter. Check whether the plotter is in remote mode and in the correct communication."

WrapperX

Apparently no else uses the CG 160 FX Plotter - I'm still at a loss. But to be fair I kinda put it away for a while. reorganizing the work stations. Once everything is in its place, I'm gonna have to figure this out. I can't run through the print set up anymore. Or use the Cut server on Onyx.

Hopefully there are others out there that can help that will eventually see this.

97GTB

What Firmware is on the cutter, have had similar issue it was due to firmware on cutter being too low for the version of Finecut.

Also have you tried the latest Device driver from Mimaki USB/1394 v3.00, and also the latest update for Finecut 8.01???

Cheers, L7.

WrapperX

I was wondering whether or not you could update the firmware. I haven't done any sort of update on the machine so I imagine it's still using the basic/factory firmware.
How do you change or update that?

WrapperX

Yeah, right now I have it working on Finecut 3. Such a PITA. I also have a email into Mimaki USA to see if they know why I can't get it to work.

Although I did discover that newer vs. of Finecut doesn't work with Corel 12 either. Idk what the problem is. According to the website it says it should work fine and is compatible.

Hopefully, Mimaki gets back to me today. We'll see.

WrapperX

I can only fine vs. 7 and vs 8 for finecut. Where can I get an update/upgrade from 3.3 that isn't vs. 7 0r 8. I tried vs. 7 but I don't think thats compatible with Windows 7. oddly enough - Finecut 3.3 is compatible. Odd indeed.

dusan

I had the same problem with my SR130.

3rd icon in Finecut toolbar - Ploter/user setup - mark USB in tab Communication. It will work just fine.

Attachments

• rasterlink.jpg
    rasterlink.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 275

WrapperX

Ok - So I figured out what was wrong with the Plotter. It was the firmware as I had expected. I was running on 2.00 and it should be on 3.0

If any of you haven't figured out how to check this and/or want to fix it. Message this forum or PM me. I can give you a walk through/step by step instructions.

Mosh

Sorry, but I have NO idea what you guys are talking about. Is this some brand X sign program?

WrapperX

Finecut is an Illustrator plug-in/add on to convert it to be able to plot out vector shapes to a Cutter/plotter. It works directly with Mimaki Plotter systems.

WrapperX

I greatly appreciate yuor help mr. WrapperX. :thankyou:

You are welcome. I felt the need to extend the help I recieved to anyone who was in need. I was having a heck of a time solving this issue on my own :banghead: But I finally figured out a source. Figured I would save those in the same prediciment the trouble and pass on the support.

WrapperX

Potato Head you messaged me about Firmware - send me anonther PM and I'll see what I can do to help you.