• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi 12 Update to Sp3 p1 build 2568

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
So..... on opening Flexi today its prompting for an update.

Gives a link to the release notes page but the page has not been updated. So the page just says the update is for adding HP latex support for the 560 and 570 which is build 2374 which is an older update. The last update that we were prompted to install was SP2 which is build 2324.

So I have no idea what fixes or anything are in this new update.

tkdurrant

Official notes read as such: (there are also many additional printer and cutter drivers, should be listed here for supported devices: Supported Printers )

Welcome to SAi Flexi 12

The Flexi product group contains some of the world’s advanced tools for print production and sign making software. We have added many new features based on your feedback.

Operating Systems Supported

• Windows 10

• Windows 8 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor

• Windows 8 Pro 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor

• Windows 8 Enterprise (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor

• Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor

• Windows 7 Professional 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor

• Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor

Installing on a Mac using parallels or bootcamp is not recommended and not supported.

SAi Flexi 12 (SP3)

Build 2568

June 2nd 2017

Bug Fixes

· Fixed Hebrew fonts display issue, other translation issues

· Fixed Flexi Designer Vectorizing tools not active for some .jpg files

· Fixed Flexi Artwork Approval Tool not showing metric units

· Fixed EPS files not opening correctly in Flexi Designer

· Fixed Cut Condition sent incorrectly

· Contour line properties now saved as layers file saved as PDF/EPS

· Fixed image size varies after users adds crop marks

· Fixed job not finished successfully error

· Fixed issue with Spot White with RGB format

· Fixed crash when Job Info comments are very long

· Added Fotoba horizontal marks that also add a margin in between tiles on the same row

· Fixed Production Manager to maintain original color of contour lines in files

· Fixed Mutoh VJ-628x print issue

· Fixed Preview Window of the processed job so it appears in the preview section and not one of the next jobs in the Hold queue

· Fixed HP L65500 giving an error message before printing process "Not enough Disk space"

· Fixed precision of contour cut paths added to bitmaps

· Fixed Finishing Tools where the preview shifts after processing, one side of the bleed is not printed and adding a bleed a small white margin is added

· Fixed Epson SC-S80600 error printing with vertical offset, using a custom (8-bit) profile resulted in file format error

· Fixed objects disappearing or with gradient changing shape when sent from Flexi Designer RIP and Print Dialog

· Added poll size option to multiple Mutoh VJ models

· Fixed issue with some gradients printing all white

· Fixed Summa OPOS XY not printing correctly when color bar is turned on

· Fixed issue where Cut Preview did not indicate holes being cut first

· Fixed Summa S75T driver options velocity parameter miscalculation(1 mm = 2.5 mm)

· Fixed Hotfolders reverting back to default Jobs path

· Fixed cut jobs being sent to plotter out of order

· Fixed Summa D140R Always advancing after the plot

· Fixed "load HP Library fails" message when trying to add setup for HP T7200

· Fixed shadow in PDF file not printing correctly

· Fixed misplaced out file when using resolution 270x1440

· Fixed issue with Grommets not printing print when proportional box was unchecked

· Fixed Flexi icons to look bigger on hi-res monitors

· Fixed HP Z 31000 not printing from Flexi 12 Build 2324 (SP2)

Enhancements

· Added Flexi Knowledge Base – http://bit.ly/FlexiHelp

· Added ICC Media profiling wizard to Production Manager

· Added Roland Soljet Pro III registration marks to Flexi Designer

· Add SummaFlex marks to Flexi Designer

· Added an icon for Send to EnRoute to the toolbar

· Added Animated Cut Viewer enhancements

· Allow moving objects relative to current position

· Allow group layers by condition

· Allow Cutting order by layers and cutting by layer

· Added Reset buttons on each cut/plot tab

· Added showing cutting direction

· Allow grouping of vinyl colors by condition

· Added spacing between horizontal and vertical copies

· Added ability to pause between specific colors / layers

· Added corner style to rectangular contour cut

· Added Advance After Plot, which allows the user to set a certain distance to advance after plotting

· Added separate embedded ICC profile option per color mode

· Other miscellaneous improvements

New Features for Subscription Licenses

· Added Cut Options per pass

· Added DXF file dashed line recognition

· Added close contours on import from DXF file

· Added auto tile and smart nest in Flexi Designer

· Added Cleave by Path and Vector Eraser Tool in Flexi Designer

· Added set registration marks relative to media

· Added check of only contour cut lines in Preview

· Contour cut lines now include color specification

· Added Unmask all

· Added Interleave Copies

Enhancements for Graphtec Cutting Device Drivers

· Expanded cutting area

· Added Type 1 and 2 registration marks

· Added Segment Area Compensation

· Added Registration Marks Offset

· Devices come with pre-installed media types

· Added 2 and 3 points registration marks

· Added Segment Area Compensation

· Added UI to show and change the cutter's identity number

· Added new media sizes

TomK

Any way to force check / download the update? 4 copies of cloud running here, none of them are picking up the update.

tkdurrant

The updater is being rolled out slowly, if you want to get to the latest version right now, you can download the software again by logging into your account on www.saicloud.com and then overwriting the software, choosing the keep the preferences (the download from saicloud is always the latest release version).

CoorsLight678

So I updated my version of Flexi 12, now when I go to print (on a small format printer) I have to adjust the Offset X by 0.3 and the Offset Y by 0.2. I can't use "Fit Drawing to Paper" and I can't "Use device margins" or the image won't print center on the paper. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? I want to revert back to the older version, but I'm not really sure how.

CoorsLight678

What printer/s are you running coors?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The printer I'm having issues with is a Kyocera CS 3051ci KX, which is technically considered a high quality copier. I reinstalled the drivers, still having the same issue. I can't get ahold of anyone at SAi. I also have 2 large format Mutohs, but I'm not having any issues with those.

jimdtg

So I updated my version of Flexi 12, now when I go to print (on a small format printer) I have to adjust the Offset X by 0.3 and the Offset Y by 0.2. I can't use "Fit Drawing to Paper" and I can't "Use device margins" or the image won't print center on the paper. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? I want to revert back to the older version, but I'm not really sure how.

If you archived old build of Flexi 12, you can get it back to install it. Remove currently build and most important thing is deactivate license from SAi server.

CoorsLight678

If you archived old build of Flexi 12, you can get it back to install it. Remove currently build and most important thing is deactivate license from SAi server.

I called SAi and they sent me a download link for the last build. They had no idea how to fix the issue besides reverting back.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Nice.... Seems to be working fine for us so far. One issue that is bugging us to ne end though is production manager no longer shows the percentage complete on printing or RIP jobs. I cannot see where I can see that in PM at all. If we send a job from Designer you CAN see the percentage in the RIP and PRINT dialog screens though. But that only seems to show for jobs you sent, does not show a job I just sent directly from within PM. Highly annoying when you have multiple designers all needing to send jobs at certain times and no one can tell if the Mimaki is printing or not without going out into the print room and physically looking at it.

jayhawksigns

That's interesting. Not sure if its a printer thing but our L560 tab has an area that shows jobs being ripped and jobs being sent to the printer and you can monitor the progress there for each. In the middle of a job right now and it showing a percentage on our screen for the completion of the job.

Wonder what changed, I know the presentation of the information is slightly different from previous versions and took a little bit to adapt.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
No idea.... this is what ours looks like right now. JV33 has a print job running on it about halfway through (part2 - one we have been printing over and over for months). I can right click and see the field chooser but nothing seems to show what the job progress is. Does not matter which machine or who sends the job.

Untitled-1.jpg

jayhawksigns

Right where it says Status and it has your filename again is where it shows the print status on my computer. Same version of Flexi, different printer.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Got me thinking. Going to fiddle with some settings.... always smart to do while things are printing right? lol

Well...... I remembered there is a "theme" setting in the general PM options. That did not do anything. Fiddled with Windows display settings.... no help.

Then back in PM I right clicked and fiddled with the field chooser and turned a couple of an on and that did it!

Oddly the "Status" field I did not mess with though but now all the sudden instead of showing the file name in the status field like it has been for quite a while now there is no file name and the status progress bar is back. No idea why and I'm not going to fiddle anymore. Just glad it came back. My guess though is some of the fields you can select are buggered up in the code and can cause others to not display right or something.

Last edited: