• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Floor graphics

FSDesigner

We are going to be installing floor graphics for our client and we aren't sure about something. We read or heard somewhere that the laminate needs to be a little bigger than the graphic? Is this true or can we just cut the graphic out all one size? Thanks in advance for your help!

niksagkram

Not sure if it's a "rule" or not, but we always have an extra ½" to ¾" lam all around the graphic. Just helps to seal it a little better I think.

Mark

pjfmeister

we have done floor graphics without an overhang of lam on several floor types including parking lot graphics and has always held up really well.

FSDesigner

Thanks guys! We've decided to do it with a little over hang just to be sure! The quick responses are very much appreciated!:notworthy:

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Made this earlier this year as an example to show a few prospects..... We printed these in 3M IJ162C and laminated with 3M 3645 floor graphics laminate. We were back on the site at the Army base exactly 5 years and 1 day after we originally installed these. They still look perfect! We did oversize the laminate by 3/4" to help assure they would stay down good and give a lower profile to the edges. This is a busy hallway in a school that gets the floor mopped at least weekly and machine cleaned monthly. Granted - it probably helps a lot that there are literally zero high heels and very little hard sole shoes (military dress shoes). Its almost always rubber soled combat boots and sneakers. Regardless - I was truly amazed that after 5 years the floor graphics still look like the day we installed them. If anyone doubts the benefits of extending the laminate a little on floor graphics that you want to last a long time this should help. Of course the environment and traffic on the floor also will make a big difference as well.

Attachments

• FloorGraphicsAFJ.jpg
    FloorGraphicsAFJ.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 136