• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Font Management Software

CRoWYoTE

Can Anyone recommend I reliable Font Management Software?
"Keeping it simple" has gone out the door, so my font library has grown
out of control. I'm more interested in paying for the software rather than any
"shareware" or "freeware".
Thanks

Colin

I don't get it. How is having all your fonts organized in Windows Explorer no good? Or in other words, what benefits/features does Font Expert offer?

anotherdog

25,000 fonts in the font folder?
your system may run, but sllllllllllllloooooooooooowwwwwwwwwllllllllllllllyyyyyyyy

MatthewTimothy

25,000 fonts in the font folder?
your system may run, but sllllllllllllloooooooooooowwwwwwwwwllllllllllllllyyyyyyyy

this and windows 7 will remove fonts not used after a period of time. For best performance its good to install the font and uninstall the ones you dont use. After having several thousands of fonts it will take photoshop a century to open.

Terremoto

I don't get it. How is having all your fonts organized in Windows Explorer no good? Or in other words, what benefits/features does Font Expert offer?

Individual glyphs that magnify when you click on them.

Ability to use your own sample text.

Easily magnify samples with simple sliders.

Ability to tell at a glance if a font in your secret stash of fonts is an installed font or not.

There are a multitude of things that can be done using FontExpert that just can't be done in Windows Explorer. It's one of those programs that's always open on my second monitor. It has now become an indispensable cog in my daily workflow.

JoshLoring

Font agent pro works the best with Least system drag. It auto activates fonts that aren't open when using illustrator/photoshop as well.
If you saw my font agent pro you would be amazed. 20-40k fonts meticulously categorized into different genres and styles.

JoshLoring

Colin said:
Not sure what you mean; one has to manually organize all the fonts in FontAgentPro?

Ya.
Say you want Serif fonts.. You can place them all in a category so you can load as needed.
Logo fonts...
Old school fonts...
Hand written fonts...
Whatever you want to categorize them.. You can organize and load/deactivate as needed.