• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fun Font Fling

Jillbeans

OK here is the assignment.
It is not a contest.
As we all know, there are about a billion different fonts (or letterstyles/typefaces to Dr Cas) floating around out there. There are ones we love, and ones we love to hate. Why they are named what they are named is sometimes obvious, sometimes not.
With that being said, here is the assignment:
Pick a font. Any font.
Using its name, think up an imaginary business using that name and design a logo or layout for it. The business could be anything, based on what that particular font makes you think of. The design must utilize the font you choose as well as include the name.

Such as:
Serpentine's Snake Palace
Bernhard's Fashions
etc etc

Any takers?
Have fun.
Love....Jill

Jillbeans

Looks like I'm the only taker.
I'm used to playing with myself!
:Cool 2:

Attachments

• wadegrotesque.jpg
    wadegrotesque.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 310

SignManiac

Didn't spend more than ten minutes on this so from a design stand point it kinda sucks but the font name is legit.

Attachments

• Blade Runner.jpg
    Blade Runner.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 317

brent brooks

Cool project I like the idea, I see lots of font pirates who name their businesses after the fonts used in their logos, like SLIPSTREAM COURIER SERVICES or RAGE CLOTHING (real companies). Here's something I did using harlow and niagara.

Attachments

• harlows.jpg
    harlows.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 320

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I always like the name Beesknees....

Attachments

• BEESKNEES.jpg
    BEESKNEES.jpg
    328.7 KB · Views: 281

Jillbeans

Some neat ideas there fellas.
Keep 'em coming!
(and for some reason I feel a yearning to take a tour on Maid of the Mist just after getting a new tattoo)