• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fun with Gemini and Architects

visual800

Got referred a sign from another sign company, installing some Letters on a metal building in neighboring town for a vol fire dept. Come to find out the "consulting firm" for this project went ahead and ordered Gemini stud mount plastic for this metal building. One of the guys at the consulting firm promised he would put letters up on the side one weekend, me thinks he is in over his head.

The have all letters and studs there was no mention of a pattern. I quoted them getting me pad mounts and placing letters on aluminum and then attaching that to the building. (Im not about to drill 500 holes in the building)....aint heard nothing back from my quote lol.

Thanks Gemini for selling to folks that are not sign professionals

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ya never know...... your friends probably misresrepresented themselves. Take a look around here. Probably 1/2 of these members around here are not sign people, either. They're just make-pretend wannabees.

Marlene

refuse the job as it wasn't set up for the building's needs. should have been done on rails painted to match the building which Gemini will do. also the studs should have been done in line so they can be mounted to the rails. why deal with other people's messes?

Johnny Best

That's why they are coming to Visual800, because he is a sign professional and knows the correct way to install these letters, and fix the mess that has been created. Gemini is a large company and am sure they sell to "make pretend" companies every day.
I am listed as a distributer for Gemini on their website for my area and get calls all the time from people who have bought letters from them and want me to come and install. I stopped doing it years ago because of stories just like Visual is telling. When I get the phone call and hear their story, I refer them to Sign A Rama. Then the guy from Sign A Rama can come on here and ask how to install these letters on stucco and get 20 comments on how to do it. Strange times we live in.

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
We make money off of people like this all the time. We are the area problem solvers but charge for the knowledge of fixing your f up.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I'm pretty sure Gemini sells to sign shops who are totally unqualified to design, price, and install... as long as they have a resale number...

My whole living is being a consultant to consultants (mostly sign shops) Some of the work I've seen from fresh newbies, franchise owners (and some oldies) is so bad, they should never consider themselves Professional Sign Shops... and yet they still do it. It's not a bad gig consulting for consultants, you just have to put a soft pillow on your desk, so when its time to bang your head on it, the damage will be minimal...

Last edited:

bannertime

Almost always done an aluminum sheet with pad mounts. Except on my own building which we did various length studs with pads. Works out okay if you want to sit on site and cut studs to length. Not me.