• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gradation of Two colors on a font?

LUV DEM TIGERS

I have a word and I won't the top to start at 100% of a dark PMS blue and go to 0% at the bottom and then have a light PMS blue color start at 100% at the bottom of the word and go to 0% at the top. How do I do that?

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
What's your output device? Is it a digital printer? Or are you making two plates/screens for spot-colour printing? It matters

oldgoatroper

For your digital printer, just pick the two PMS colours for your fountain fill... It will be converted to CMYK ink colours when printing

Now if you're gonna try and print two spot colours blending into each other with graduated screens, that isn't going to work very well -- you'll get a white haze at the center of your blend.

Screen printing in 4CP would work.

LUV DEM TIGERS

For your digital printer, just pick the two PMS colours for your fountain fill... It will be converted to CMYK ink colours when printing

Now if you're gonna try and print two spot colours blending into each other with graduated screens, that isn't going to work very well -- you'll get a white haze at the center of your blend.

Screen printing in 4CP would work.
How do you pick two colors for your fountain fill. I can only seem to pick one.

oldgoatroper

How do you pick two colors for your fountain fill. I can only seem to pick one.
With the fountain fill dialog box open, click on one end of the 'ramp', select a colour for that, then click on the other end of the 'ramp' and select your other colour for it.

Patentagosse

If you want to print a proof w/o banding / weird color transition) I suggest you save it as bitmap (jpg, tif, whatever) in hi-res than print it. Result will be closer to your screen. I would also said RGB instead of CMYK so your blue will remains blue, not "almost black".

* in this case w/o any "in-deep" information and profile/vinyl used, it's just a suggestion. What works well here on my VS-540 may be different on yours. 'Started printing on Roland's in 2004... long learning curves to bypass problems and color mismatches so there may be few roads to get to the point too...